Two quick questions

#1LFBlackLabelPosted 4/16/2013 1:49:00 AM
1 - Should I sell my old obsolete equipment?

2 - I am playing this without Wi-fi access. Do I miss much?
#2styrrrPosted 4/16/2013 2:24:46 AM(edited)
1) If you are strapped for cash, sure. Otherwise I tend to keep 1 each of my old/obsolete equipment around to maintain a sense of progression as my equipment improves. I also 'Sort' by 'Type' when I get new gear so it maintains a "proper" look on the equipping screen.

Its purely a minor reason but I always like keeping my items properly sorted; YMMV. If you don't like scrolling a bunch when you want to change gear, you should sell off your old stuff - but some of the useful gear, like Chameleon Robes, Elemental Shields, and 'Status Immunity Accessories', might be worth keeping around.

2) You do miss out on some amazing gear, but I believe finding people to play with is a big problem anyways as there is no "global pool" of players looking to play rendezvous missions. Really, you're only missing out if you have a friend you could play with... otherwise you'll be fine.

You'll miss out on Fell Swords (and Onion Equipment) no matter what, but there isn't much you can do about it. The gear available in single player is good enough as it is, you just won't have some of the more exotic items available. Some of the multiplayer items can be poached from 3rd tier monsters, but the *best* items are usually multiplayer only, unfortunately - but not always.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372 8526 8441
#3LFBlackLabel(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 7:06:48 AM
Thank you for the swift response! :)
#4terran3999999Posted 4/16/2013 9:09:13 AM
1. It helps to have a few extra equipments when you do some Job switching around. And you should always keep the one with useful abilities around.

2. You miss out on the multiplayer missions, in terms of story it doesn't effect anything.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#5MetastasePosted 4/21/2013 12:34:33 AM
Answer to more than 2 Quick questions:

Quick is a status effect of sorts that gives you the next active turn. Quick status can be gained by having the spell 'Quick' successfully cast on you or by having the reaction ability 'Critical Quick' triggered. The triggering of Critical Quick occurs when the unit with the ability equipped receives damage that leaves them with under 20% of their max HP.

While Critical Quick might not seem that great there are situations when it is the best reaction ability in the game. For a more reliant way to gain Quick, learn it for 800 JP from the Time Mage skill set. Quick costs 24 MP which might be a little costly but has decent speed (25) and a decent formula (targetsfaith*castersfaith*(MA+140)). Rig some zodiac compatibility between your group and Quick can be very reliable and fun to use.

Quick can be reflected (though not Math Skilled) but the most interesting thing about it is that it can be Counter Magicked! Seriously, that exclamation point isn't one of the fake ones that should be a period, I actually used to get giddy when considering this. Look at the spells that can be Counter Magicked:

- All Black Magic except Fire 4, Ice 4, and Bolt 4

- Holy, Dark Holy

- Yin-Yang Magic except Pray Faith and Doubt Faith

- Slow, Slow 2, Don't Move, Quick, Stop, Demi, Demi 2, Meteor

- Bio, Bio 2, Bio 3

- Melt, Tornado, Quake

- Attacks from the Blaze Gun, Glacier Gun, and Blast Gun

So just how does Quick fit into all this? With the proper setup you can orchestrate a near-endless chain of Quicks within your team ( sometimes referred to as The Quickening ) , acting and acting while almost no in-game time passes and the enemy sits there staring at your chain of constant action.

Ramza: "Restore lost time in a spiral line! Quick!"

(for any and all formula related questions consult the BMG)
#6I_am_always_mePosted 4/21/2013 9:56:37 AM
^wasn't this moddable at one point? I remember it getting way out of hand, even seeing it on other, completely unrelated boards. Haven't seen it in a while though, made me smile.
---
Pokemon White FC: Zippy [2838-3935-7013]
3DS FC [2707-1897-9929]
#7RevenantThingsPosted 4/21/2013 1:03:53 PM
I came in just to see Quick copypasta
---
What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day - Wiegraf, FFT:tWotL
#8I_am_always_mePosted 4/21/2013 1:18:26 PM
I came in just to see Quick copypasta

Every time I see the topic "Quick Question" I think to my self "Quick is a status effect of sorts..."
---
3DS FC [2707-1897-9929]
#9MetastasePosted 4/22/2013 1:19:35 AM
Since the topic is already answered and effectively derailed, I'll pretend to provide info to question 2 while derailing the topic even further:

"2 - I am playing this without Wi-fi access. Do I miss much?"

Unique, exclusive equipment and the hardest battles in the game.

Speaking of multiplayer missions and "The Quickening", have any of you guys tried Magick Counter + Quick in Rendezvous, specially Brave Story? Better than watching the godamnitneverends Tiamats/Hydras animations heh? =P
#10I_am_always_mePosted 4/22/2013 10:37:40 AM
Since the topic is already answered and effectively derailed, I'll pretend to provide info to question 2 while derailing the topic even further:

"2 - I am playing this without Wi-fi access. Do I miss much?"

Unique, exclusive equipment and the hardest battles in the game.

Speaking of multiplayer missions and "The Quickening", have any of you guys tried Magick Counter + Quick in Rendezvous, specially Brave Story? Better than watching the godamnitneverends Tiamats/Hydras animations heh? =P

I haven't. In fact, I have never used Quick or Magic Counter in this game at all.

Can you explain how it works exactly?
---
3DS FC [2707-1897-9929]