Strategy help in chap 4 battle (spoilers)

#1krunchyfroggPosted 4/16/2013 5:49:22 PM
I am doing a challenge: 5 spellchuckers. Each is treated like a SCC character, but instead of 5 of one class, I have one each of the following: white, black, time mages, a mystic, and a summoner (Ramza).
I am having a helluva time beating Argath in chapter 4. Most status spells have no effect on him, and I can't dish out enough damage fast enough. Holy doesn't work. No gravity spells or Cyclops.

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.
---
Lay down your arms, or die clutching them! None will mourn your passing.
#2RaijiniliPosted 4/17/2013 12:49:55 AM(edited)
Is your White Mage barehanded with +PA equipment and high Brave? Is your Mystic equipped to do physical damage? What Zodiacs do your units have?

Argath's class is immune to Stone, Traitor, Vampire, Invisible, Berserk, and Charm. His Diamond Bracelet gives him immunity to Slow. This leaves Chicken, Confusion, Stop, Faith(!), Sleep, Frog, Dead, Undead, Disable, Doom, and Immobilize, unless he gets specific immunities from a boss status.

Mirror Mail can be circumvented by tricks with the Reflect Ring or the Reflect status.

No gravity spells or Cyclops.

You mean Lich? Why not?

Edit: Dead, Frog, and Undead.
#3krunchyfrogg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 1:06:26 AM
Raijinili posted...
Is your White Mage barehanded with +PA equipment and high Brave? Is your Mystic equipped to do physical damage? What Zodiacs do your units have?

Argath's class is immune to Stone, Traitor, Vampire, Invisible, Berserk, and Charm. His Diamond Bracelet gives him immunity to Slow. This leaves Chicken, Confusion, Stop, Faith(!), Sleep, Frog, Dead, Undead, Disable, Doom, and Immobilize, unless he gets specific immunities from a boss status.

Mirror Mail can be circumvented by tricks with the Reflect Ring or the Reflect status.

No gravity spells or Cyclops.

You mean Lich? Why not?

Edit: Dead, Frog, and Undead.

My white Mage does not have a high brave. :(

My mystic is set up as a physical attacker ( I found she's most effective with poles an MA boosting gear).

My Mystic is the same sign as Argath. Otherwise I have capricorns and Taurus' on my team.

I am actually playing on my iPhone (but that board gets very few peeks), and will be playing on the iPad in a week or so. Maybe I'll restart with a high brave male white Mage.
---
#4RaijiniliPosted 4/17/2013 1:18:34 AM(edited)
Why not Faith -> Death or something?

Edit: Death too slow. Frog or Stop? Faith -> Holy?
#5krunchyfrogg(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 6:50:22 AM
Raijinili posted...
Why not Faith -> Death or something?

Edit: Death too slow. Frog or Stop? Faith -> Holy?

I remember Holy having a 0% chance to work
---
#6tiornysPosted 4/17/2013 7:01:37 AM
Holy is Reflectable. I think that will cause the game to report a 0% chance. Reflect Holy off of something and you'll be able to hit Argath with it.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#7chessjerkPosted 4/17/2013 6:20:18 PM
Reflect Death onto Argath, keep trying until it hits.
---
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9966/imag0270n.jpg
The curse of Aqua has been broken!...I hope...
#8RaijiniliPosted 4/17/2013 6:47:53 PM
Faith first, then:
Black Mage: Frog (faster than Death)
Mystic: Sleep?
White Mage: Holy
Time Mage: Stop?
Summoner: I guess have a Reflect Ring and get in the way. You'd have to heal her by bouncing off of Argath, which would be funny.