Animation Slowdown Question

#1Jedi_HooperPosted 4/23/2013 3:32:53 PM
Dear all,
I have a PSP and the FFT disc. I understand that the animation slowdown can be fixed with a patch. Would I still need the patch if I downloaded the game from the PSN instead? In reading related posts it wasn't clear if the slowdown was specific to the disc or the game in general.

Thanks! I enjoy the original PS1 version of course, but I really want to try the War of the Lions version without pulling out my hair!
#2RevenantThingsPosted 4/24/2013 5:28:31 AM
The slowdown is there regardless of disc, PSN, or ISO version. Use the patch and you won't be troubled by it.
---
What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day - Wiegraf, FFT:tWotL
#3Gunslinger1754Posted 4/24/2013 7:11:15 AM
Um... how can I download the patch? I'll try google.
---
I'm part of the Illuminati... I'm serious.
#4Gunslinger1754Posted 4/24/2013 7:20:53 AM
I have 2 questions: someone said it requires firmware... what does that even mean? lol and my second question is, will I loose all my save files I already had before the patch? if so nvm about the whole thing :)
---
I'm part of the Illuminati... I'm serious.
#5TacosnakPosted 4/24/2013 12:15:30 PM
Nope. Won't mess anything up.

Can't really talk about it here, but it is very easy if you can follow directions.

If you can check out 1.3 insanity patch too. I would probably stick to 1.3 content patch though if you aren't experienced FFT person.
---
PSN - Seraphtacosnak
#6Jedi_Hooper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:11:37 PM
Thanks for the quick answer! I'll get started on the patch then.