Delita

#31lindaluv(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:20:22 AM
terran3999999 posted...
Is that Twitter account legit? I'm just curious, it could be a troll pretending to be Matsuno. Wait, does Twitter do anything to people who use false identities?(I don't use the site so I wouldn't know)

In particular, one of them has Ramza hoping to meet Delita one last time in Zeltennia, post-Ajora, and he stumbles upon Delita and Ovelia while wearing the Secret Clothes. He sees Ovelia stabbing Delita before being killed herself by Delita. Before she crystallizes Ramza revives her
Ugh, stopped reading after this.

It's like a corny and crappy happy fairy tale ending....just my opinion on it.

Heck, if Delibutt could find a Cid-double, I think it very possible that he would find an Ovelia double too to avoid any speculation of vileness on his part.. after all, it was purely thru his marriage to Ovelia that he had any ability to ascend the throne, and I can almost guarantee that everyone would point fingers at Delibeans since they would make it apparent that he used her to get the throne and then promptly removed her. The repercussions of a revolt then would be something even he couldnt fully avoid or even win against.
Finding a double to live an entire life is kinda hard. Finding a double to frame someone of murder then quickly killing that person and strip away any of his honor is a freaken joke back then.

Delita could spin a grand lie about assassins going after him and Ovelia and the people would be stupid enough to buy it and all the more rally behind him.

What happened to the Zodiac Stones after the ending?
Disappeared off the face of the world. If we're going by the path of Ramza lives! then he must have done something to ensure that stupid Humes would never get their hands on it.

Can the Zodiac Stones even be destroyed? Nice LotR joke BTW.

Then again, and I'm saddened that I know the outline of this, according to the Ivalice Alliance; the Zodiac Stones would go on to be involved with Final Fantasy XII.
Not exactly, the Lucavi were given a more expanded backstory and you do fight five of them as storyline bosses and the rest are all optional bosses. Loser Vayne, the very awesome Gabranth and Dr. Cid are the main villains.

And for the timeline, XII actually happens looong before Tactics.

Whatever Ramza did do, he also brought along eternal peace. Going by the timeline, the only other major trouble that stirred by was during the story of Vagrant Story and that's more of dealing with a crazy cult over the risk of the Lucavi rising again.

I luved FF12, and not only cuz it was linked to the amazing FFT world. But I always thought FFT was before FF12... not after? Werent the nethcite/auricites the Zodiac Stones???
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
#32Equinox_OscurasPosted 5/1/2013 2:04:27 PM
I luved FF12, and not only cuz it was linked to the amazing FFT world. But I always thought FFT was before FF12... not after? Werent the nethcite/auricites the Zodiac Stones???

Such was my point exactly. I could be wrong however I'm almost positive that Ivalice Alliance placed the events of Tactics before those of XII. After all, if we take the "Alliance" as a whole, Vagrant Story gives nod to Tactics and likewise, Final Fantasy XII gives nod to Vagrant Story.
---
Playing: Gods Eater Burst & Persona 3 Portable
"You Will See...Momentary Mastery!"
#33styrrrPosted 5/1/2013 4:08:13 PM(edited)
If FFXII is after FFT, all I gotta say is... history really does repeats itself in Ivalice. We know airships once ruled the sky with men of iron walking around as discussed by Agrias/Mustadio. If it happened again after FFT... that's certainly not coincidence.

Personally I thought FFT came after FFXII. Jagds nor mist exists at all during the time of Tactics, and I'm not sure how it would be brought back after they had ceased to be. FFT is what I imagined medieval Europe was like, apart from the magic and demons.

Perhaps Mist is analogous to electricity/fossil fuels/power sources? But too much Mist causes the 'skystones' to not function properly in FFXII (Jagd), it could be similar to a power surge in modern lingo. Not sure though, it isn't explained properly in XII.

I thought the "great cataclysm" that sunk most of Mullonde after Ajora's death was also responsible for wiping out the non-hume races like Viera, Moogles, Bangaa, Seeq, etc which are present in XII.

But XII: Revenant Wings has a location called Glabados Ruins... which is even more confusing.

There's a FFXII/FFT timeline floating around on the internet but it's entirely in Japanese and remains untranslated to this day, IIRC. I found the highest resolution I could find and re-uploaded it to imgur.

Just my speculation, but the timeline seems to give the impression that FFXII and FFT are in parallel worlds of Ivalice... YMMV. There's a line connecting the two timelines at two seemingly separate dates: '706' in FFXII and '1200' for FFT, although I believe that '1200' refers to 1200 years before FFT's Lion War (see below).

Gamefaqs is not Japanese-friendly, so I can't copy/paste any of the kanji that I wanted.

I compared the kanji in the Japanese title of FFT:WotL - and in the 'FFT timeline' in the bottom right section (light blue color) it has the kanji for "Lion War" (Shishi Sensou, see below for pictures). Of course, I'm not even sure where this image came from to be honest. It could be fake, doctored, or non-canon.

The text is readable but like I said, in Japanese. If anyone wants to take a look, here it is: http://i.imgur.com/OYJv9EK.jpg

EDIT: In lieu of posting kanji directly to gamefaq's board since it... doesn't work at all, I decided on another strategy. I went to the FFT:WotL page @ the FF wiki, enlarged the text several times, took a picture of the WotL name/image/Japanese name and cropped it into a smaller picture before uploading it.

Here's the image that has the romaji and katakana/kanji of WotL: http://i.imgur.com/q6lZju0.png

In particular, pay attention to the third kanji from the right, the kanji comprise the last four characters in the Japanese title; it looks like a goofy "?" that has a perpendicular line drawn through it and a 'flattop' which is parallel to the perpendicular line.

That kanji is the easiest of the 4 to recognize and is readily visible due to its sheer simplicity compared to the others. Said kanji is easily seen in the first picture I posted, above the right-side quotation surrounding 'FFT' in English.

That second pic should be large enough to help anyone compare, but the former picture is quite small and doesn't have good quality when zooming in. For reference, the line that says "Lion War" is above the line that has "FFT" written in English - in the aforementioned 'blue section' - and is below the header of said section. I'm thinking about combining the pics together and pointing some arrows showing exactly where it says "Lion War", but maybe later...

--
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372 8526 8441
#34terran3999999Posted 5/1/2013 3:48:30 PM
....WTF?

Am I only one here who knows most of the Ivalice games?

XII was before Tactics....there's been freaken numerous topics about it and even the Sticky covers it. And just read the description of the Moogle summon, they are extinct, so how the hell can XII take place after Tactics?
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#35styrrrPosted 5/1/2013 4:22:48 PM
terran3999999 posted...
....WTF?

XII was before Tactics....there's been freaken numerous topics about it and even the Sticky covers it. And just read the description of the Moogle summon, they are extinct, so how the hell can XII take place after Tactics?

I wholeheartedly agree with you; FFT seems to heavily imply that it came far, far after (~1200 years after) the events of FFXII. Here's the quote from the WotL game script - which occurs immediately after the Zaland battle where you rescue Mustadio - from when Mustadio discusses his job as a Machinist to Agrias and Ramza:

{
Mustadio: I'm a machinist. Do you know the history of my trade?

[Ramza shakes his head.]

Agrias: They say the ruins of a lost civilization lie buried beneath the
streets of Goug, the Clockwork City. Relics from the age of Saint Ajora, when
airships numerous beyond counting filled the skies, and men of iron walked the
city streets. But the art of crafting such things was lost - if it ever truly
existed at all.

Mustadio: But it -did- exist. The ground beneath Goug holds the hulks of air-
ships, and a thousand fragments of machines the gods alone know the working of.
A machinist toils to restore this lost legacy - to see these works brought to
life again.
}

As for that timeline I posted... wish I knew if it was real or fake. If it's real, I wish I could read Japanese properly. It's not just Moogles either, there is also a Viera who happens to be one of the party members of XII: Fran.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372 8526 8441
#36Equinox_OscurasPosted 5/1/2013 4:25:47 PM
terran3999999 posted...
....WTF?

No need to get upset, fella. I've made a point of stating I could very well be wrong with my thoughts, and I don't believe anyone else is trying to undermine you; mayhap we could be wrong, if that's the case, well more power to you. .....but we're not wrong....... I'm kidding. I'm only stating what I believe to be correct. I've been under the assumption that Tactics took place before XII, and as such, that is what I base my ideas off of.
---
#37Equinox_OscurasPosted 5/1/2013 4:48:20 PM
Due to the historical information we are provided then, throughout the entire Ivalice Alliance, I believe its safe to say the true order that the games go is the following:

Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Main Game)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Prologue & Epilogue)

I think that explains it rather well, don't we all agree?
---
#38terran3999999Posted 5/1/2013 5:17:28 PM
That's the general gist of it.

TA pulls the same gimmick as TA 2. The story starts off in a modern era Ivalice in which Marche and his friends find a Grimiore that takes them to a fantasy Ivalice.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#39Equinox_OscurasPosted 5/1/2013 8:35:39 PM
terran3999999 posted...
That's the general gist of it.

TA pulls the same gimmick as TA 2. The story starts off in a modern era Ivalice in which Marche and his friends find a Grimiore that takes them to a fantasy Ivalice.

I just can't make sense of the way Square-Enix did this whole thing. Admittedly, in spite of the timeline I believed to be true, this one does seem to fit the mold. The only thing that irks me is that....XII clearly gives refrence to Vagrant Story, it's even been said by the creator that this was the case, which is the reason it became part of the Ivalice Alliance. But it seems to fit that V.S follows Tactics.... agh, forget it. There's a timeline, it gets followed, we all wallow in the confusion.
---
#40lindaluv(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:30:24 PM
Equinox_Oscuras posted...
Due to the historical information we are provided then, throughout the entire Ivalice Alliance, I believe its safe to say the true order that the games go is the following:

Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Main Game)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Prologue & Epilogue)

I think that explains it rather well, don't we all agree?

Is that right now... 0_0
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg