Refresh My Memory? (Sidequest spoiler)

#1thinkingofwarPosted 5/2/2013 2:11:43 AM
Two quick confirmations please.

1. If Reis the dragon was Unit #17, will she be offered recruitment as a human as unit 17, or will it push her past Worker 8?

2. Assuming I make 4 generics to complement Ramza, I'll have two spare roster spaces for Poaching/no problems down the line?

Thank you.
---
"You want Cloud? **** it, you get Shantotto!" ScrewAttack on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest
#2styrrrPosted 5/2/2013 4:06:45 AM(edited)
1) I think it's based upon however you order your units... and the default is based upon level, right? So it will depend upon if Worker 8 has leveled up past Reis or not. (I'm not entirely sure on this part) I usually have my party ordered by bravery so I can easily see who is in my "A team" as I always boost their bravery into the 90+ range and it keeps them all on the top row.

2) I believe there is 18 special characters in the game; the original had 16 and the cap was 16 as well... but WotL bumped that # up to 24 and only added 2 new special characters (Luso and Balthier). So you have up to 6 slots for generics/breeding.

Technically it is Ramza + 17 characters (+15 in the original), but since Ramza is a given I simply include him in the #.

You are correct. Having 4 generics will give you two slots for breeding/poaching, which is a good number imo unless you are trying to level an Onion Knight. 2 slots = one parent and one egg. No more and no less. It's perfect and you won't have tons of eggs taking up space either!

For reference, here's the special character list, in no special order, including Ramza:

1-Ramza
2-Agrias
3-Ladd
4-Alicia
5-Lavian
6-Boco
7-Mustadio
8-Luso
9-Rapha
10-Malach
11-Beowulf
12-Reis
13-Worker 8
14-Orlandu
15-Meliadoul
16-Balthier
17-Cloud
18-Byblos

Boco is a very crummy special character, and I personally dismiss him. The only thing "special" about it is the unique help message its name. I also feel the same about Ladd - he's nothing special, and isn't required in any late sidequests like Alicia and Lavian are; so I usually dump him after stripping his gear. Poor Ladd and Boco :-(
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372 8526 8441
#3thinkingofwar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 10:52:23 AM
styrrr posted...

1) I think it's based upon however you order your units... and the default is based upon level, right? So it will depend upon if Worker 8 has leveled up past Reis or not. (I'm not entirely sure on this part) I usually have my party ordered by bravery so I can easily see who is in my "A team" as I always boost their bravery into the 90+ range and it keeps them all on the top row.

Default order is order of recruitment. No problem, if no one can confirm in this topic, I'll just make an extra save when I get around to the colliery quests and toss in some placeholders.

Boco is a very crummy special character, and I personally dismiss him. The only thing "special" about it is the unique help message its name. I also feel the same about Ladd - he's nothing special, and isn't required in any late sidequests like Alicia and Lavian are; so I usually dump him after stripping his gear. Poor Ladd and Boco :-(

I'm making Ladd a Mime - the mercenary living in Ramza's shadow, impossible to eclipse. His only certainty in mimicking other's actions to varying degrees of success.

And shame on you for dismissing Boco. Where's your heart? He's already been dismissed once by the Corps Brigade, and you leave him in the woods to fend for himself? :(

You need a lesson in Chocobo love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d81qFaoe010
---
"You want Cloud? **** it, you get Shantotto!" ScrewAttack on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest