Will the PSN version run on PS3

#1CondominatorPosted 5/2/2013 6:38:33 PM
Hey guys, I know this may be a stupid question, but if I buy this on my PS3, will it run on it? I know the original FFT ran on the PS3 and PSP (through integral PS1 emulation), and there are some PS Vita games that run on both (like all stars).

If it will play on my PS3, that would be awesome...
---
Dawang jingming de zuo shou
PSN ID: Slayer_5
#2ZhugeSongPosted 5/2/2013 8:02:37 PM
This game is for the PSP only. So no, it will not work on your PS3.
#3shadestreetPosted 5/3/2013 11:04:32 AM
Just get it for iPhone or wait for the (supposedly) soon to be released Android version if you don't own a PSP or Vita.
#4BlueReckoningPosted 5/6/2013 6:38:04 AM
Why are people genuinely confused by this? Just because it's on PSN doesn't mean it will operate on any Sony product that can access PSN.
---
"North Dakota doesn't exist, much like Sonic restaurants. I hear people talking about them but I've never seen any."
-- sfcalimari
#5CGoblinsPosted 5/8/2013 3:11:32 AM
Well...

A) It was just a question. Don't get so upset.
B) When viewing the PSN on the PS3, PSP games really shouldn't be viewable/purchaseable. IMO.
C) Why can't the PS3 play PSP games? There's no reason other than "it can't." Sony could probably easilly make it capable.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
#6mmttbbPosted 5/8/2013 3:38:05 AM(edited)
if you have cfw on psp and cfw on ps3 then its possible if you own the umd.

heres a compatability list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AowGG2G1KRsgdHg5aDJUTnZ2bGR0NEZhMS1xekVXWGc&toomany=true#gid=0
#7BlueReckoningPosted 5/8/2013 6:04:00 AM
Well...

B) When viewing the PSN on the PS3, PSP games really shouldn't be viewable/purchaseable. IMO.
C) Why can't the PS3 play PSP games? There's no reason other than "it can't." Sony could probably easilly make it capable.

I'm not upset. Just confused by peoples confusion.
You can view all that content because it's more convenient for Sony. They'd probably have to set up separate servers to keep each selection separate.
Yes there is, it's called incompatibility. Based on that logic, there is no reason 3DS games can't be played on the Wii U.
---
"North Dakota doesn't exist, much like Sonic restaurants. I hear people talking about them but I've never seen any."
-- sfcalimari
#8CGoblinsPosted 5/8/2013 2:47:12 PM
BlueReckoning posted...
Well...

You can view all that content because it's more convenient for Sony. They'd probably have to set up separate servers to keep each selection separate.
Yes there is, it's called incompatibility. Based on that logic, there is no reason 3DS games can't be played on the Wii U.

Why would a customer care what's inconvenient for Sony? It's listed on the PS3 when accessing the PSN. That's a good reason to ask the question.

Yes, based on my logic there is no reason a 3DS game can't be played on the Wii U. Incompatibility within a single developer's current generation systems is willfully done. Remote Play with the PS3 is an example of them giving a piece and willfully witholding the rest. If they wanted to they could. CFW proves it.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
#9BlueReckoningPosted 5/8/2013 3:13:09 PM
BlueReckoning posted...
Well...

Why would a customer care what's inconvenient for Sony? It's listed on the PS3 when accessing the PSN. That's a good reason to ask the question.

Yes, based on my logic there is no reason a 3DS game can't be played on the Wii U. Incompatibility within a single developer's current generation systems is willfully done. Remote Play with the PS3 is an example of them giving a piece and willfully witholding the rest. If they wanted to they could. CFW proves it.

PSN home is more like an operating system. It just so happens that it can be customized like one ala Linux except with a lock and key when placed in the right hands (like jail breaking an i-Phone). That has nothing to do with the actual games. And remote play acts like data transferring without actual storage. You assume there is no actual hardware limitations just because of a few commonalities.. That's not sufficient enough evidence to come to the conclusion Sony is holding out. It's merely circumstantial. Besides, the PS3 was out for about a year before the first Remote play PSP game was released.
---
-- sfcalimari