PS3, Vita or Ipad?

#1Dbarr74Posted 5/22/2013 10:43:30 PM
I have both the PSN (and PS1 Disc) version and the Ipad: WotL version (also have it for Vita as well). I was wondering which edition do I want to play? I beat the PSX version years ago, but I want to replay it. Not having any of the extra classes or anything from WotL doesn't really bother me and I want to play mainly for the story, any feedback on which to play.
---
PSN= Dbarr74 XBox live= Dbarr74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M2q9F289WU
#2ChaoticoolPosted 5/23/2013 10:58:26 AM
I enjoyed the updated story and cutscenes in FFT: War of the Lions.

However, it also comes down to preference of control as well, whether or not you prefer physical or touch controls.

My best advice is try out the controls on iPad, if you can deal with them I'd play that version, if not then just go with the PS1 version; both are great games.
#3ChaoticoolPosted 5/23/2013 11:02:34 AM
Sorry for the double post...I somehow skipped that you had the FF: WotL on Vita as well. The PSN version suffered a "slowdown" animation for bigger attacks (spells, summons, etc.) which the iOS version fixed. IMO it's not the worst thing ever, but if you play the original and then that one, it'll be highly noticeable.
#4FinalFlamesPosted 5/23/2013 4:09:27 PM
Chaoticool posted...
Sorry for the double post...I somehow skipped that you had the FF: WotL on Vita as well. The PSN version suffered a "slowdown" animation for bigger attacks (spells, summons, etc.) which the iOS version fixed. IMO it's not the worst thing ever, but if you play the original and then that one, it'll be highly noticeable.

All WotL copies, UMD or PSN, had slowdown. It's rediculous, as I put it on and Holy is so fast now. 8 Holies? Took over 5min without slowdown fix. Tailwind? 30sec without slowdown fix, 10 with. Don't get me started on regular attack slowdown.
---
PSN:GfaqFinalFlames
If I fall in combat, I pray I have stricken an enemy to pull with me.
#5FinalFlamesPosted 5/24/2013 2:26:04 PM
Oh, you said the mobile fixed it. Still, all PSP versions have slowdown.
---
PSN:GfaqFinalFlames
If I fall in combat, I pray I have stricken an enemy to pull with me.
#6mooreandrew58Posted 5/26/2013 7:36:40 AM
the slow down really never bothered me once I got used to it, but then again as a smoker I find it a decent time to light a ciggarette or take a drag off a already lit one. kinda off topic but thats always been the bane of my existence in fighting games (which I love fighting games alot) could never find enough time to smoke a cigg during gameplay without most it burning up

either way though i'd go for the war of the lions versions just for the extra cutscenes. dark knight was the only added class I liked but its too much of a pain to bother with, also rather or not your a fan of final fantasy 12 the cameo char (not going to say who just incase you don't know already) is really good
#7TheLiverStuxPosted 6/5/2013 3:47:53 AM
Quite surprisingly, the Ipad just got a free graphics update (so it looks like the Android one). Really nice with some more HD-ish sprites.

Still not completely sold on the controls, but i suppose that is a matter of me being used to psp.
---
Druchiilization
#8SeabanPosted 6/16/2013 8:28:25 AM
I played all of them and because of the recent update to the iPad, I have to say I really enjoying the iPad version. Once you get a few key things about the controls down, it becomes super easy.
---
"When the solution is simple, God is answering" -A.Einstein
#9GaresTaylanPosted 6/30/2013 4:16:09 PM
I have gone back and started playing the iPad version. Hopefully now that the slowdown is eliminated on the iOS version, maybe they will update the PSN version as well. I doubt it, however. :(
#10LeFeverBeaverPosted 7/14/2013 12:35:12 AM
Yep. The slowdown is a deal breaker for me. I got WotL for the extra classes and cutscenes and native screen size, but the slowdown negates any of those benefits.

Luckily I have the PSone version on my Vita as well, so with a little tweeking to the screen size, it's near perfect; only have about half an inch of black on either side of the screen. Might have to try the iPad version...
---
PSN/XBL Gamertags: LeFeverBeaver Twitter:@zakhansonfan
Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com & http://www.anti-hyphenationist.com