Equipment question (bmg related)

#1mkami3013Posted 7/1/2013 12:09:38 AM
I know the battle mechanics guide was written for the PS version of the game, but I dont think the mechanics changes for the PSP version.

Does equipment affect defence? I think it does. I mean, lets say Ramza PA is 12 equipping a 10WP sword, the damage would be 12*10=100, then apply zodiac compatibility or whatsoever. But when I was stealing a Black Garb(HP+100, cancel:stop) , the damage prediction before stealing is 120 damage, yet after I got the garb the damage somehow increased to 180. Anyone can explain?

One more question is regarding Dragon Rod(probably weapons in general). The WEv of the weapon is only for Knight skill Parry, right? When I was fighting Cleatian, I casted Innocence(dont know English name) on him and the success rate is 75%. It didnt connect. Balthier then stole his Dragon Rod and I cast Innocence again on Cleatian, and guess what? The success rate jumps up to 100%. So does the WEv somehow affected the spell success rate?

Really appreciate if anyone out there can explain these to me.
#2EfratePosted 7/1/2013 3:29:15 PM
Yer misremembering, the game does not have any way to calculate that. All the defensive things (defense up, arcane defense, protect, shell) work by affecting the PA/MA (depending on weapon) stat used to determine damage. The few statii (Frog, chicken, charging, sleep) work in the same way, modifying the stat just in a different direction.

The game does not have a calculation that uses presence of absence of equipment. It does not exist.

Assuming you are playing a non-hacked version with all item attributes the same. If you are talking of a hack of some sort a lot more options option up obviously.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#3mkami3013(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 5:07:32 PM
yeah I guess I did

another question on patching, does the slowdown patch universal?Is it one patch for all version or not? I am playing the JP version and using the JP version patch, but if I want to play English version of the game(while keeping the JP patch), how can I do it?
#4EfratePosted 7/2/2013 5:50:30 AM
Ask on ffh. I hex editted my iso changing 3 bytes and do not have an issue anymore, but if yer using the soft patch I do not know, I just decided to edit the hex since its one time thing no issues and I am good to go.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads