Patch for slowdown.

#1TyrantLowKeyPosted 7/6/2013 6:22:44 PM
It's crazy how much more enjoyable the game is with the patch. I know it goes without saying and I am pretty sure I didn't need to make a thread for it but I am amazed at what people can do. It's a shame SE never took the time to fix the issue if it could be done by a "commoner." I had already invested over 80+ hours w/o the patch but have found new energy to finish the game again thanks to the patch (and the ingame summary and personae help so that I can pick it up from where I left the game). Amazing work!!!
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS(3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#2glory_99Posted 7/6/2013 9:38:32 PM
can that patch load save file game before patch?
#3TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:13:32 PM
Yes. That's how I was able to continue from the 80+ hours I spent on the game from before. It's awesome. It really is. It was a long break from PSX to PSP tactics for me personally so I didn't mind it as a standalone game (which it was at that point considering the years removed from when I played it. Also new content made me want to beat it all over again). So yeah it's worth it even if you have sunk hours in as you can continue from it. You'd think a few seconds don't make a difference (and they didn't initially but after the switch, I can't see myself EVER using the UMD again).
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS(3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#4glory_99Posted 7/6/2013 11:44:36 PM
Can u give me Link Download Patch slowdown ?
#5ulquiorra1031Posted 7/8/2013 3:38:34 AM
glory_99,i've sent you a PM for the link of the patch. you don't need to patch the game itself as it is a plugin. it also include unstretch patch.
---
Live,Love,Die
#6TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:53:36 AM
^Thanks. I didn't have the links anymore. Also I dislike the unstretched patch a lot. I am sure there are others who like it though but to me it just feels "unnatural."
---
#7vedoris86Posted 7/8/2013 5:56:55 PM
ulquiorra1031 can you pm me the patch too? so i can use this and still use my old save game right? thats what i was worried about when i heard of it
---
PSN vedoris
lover of rpg's
#8glory_99Posted 7/9/2013 1:44:15 AM
I was try it.. but not change.. still slowdown..

I was add livepatch folder (livepatch.prx , src , fftpsp).

I was add game.txt (ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1)

I was enabled "Game Patch /SEPLUGINS"

but still slowdown -.-a

me PSP GO with 6.20 PRO B8
#9EfratePosted 7/9/2013 1:17:18 PM
glory_99, if you can run ISOs on you CFW, the wiki on ffhacktics.com has the 3 bytes you need to change; it works for PSP ISOs I know. A simple edit that any free hex editor will do in less than 5 minutes even with no knowledge of pretty much anything.

No plugins, just modify an .iso (not a .cso) and you are good to go no slowdown. You will just need to make a folder called ISO and put it in there and you are good to go. Its what I did, but I am using a PSP 3000.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#10TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:54:28 PM
glory_99 posted...
I was try it.. but not change.. still slowdown..

I was add livepatch folder (livepatch.prx , src , fftpsp).

I was add game.txt (ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1)

I was enabled "Game Patch /SEPLUGINS"

but still slowdown -.-a

me PSP GO with 6.20 PRO B8

This happened to me. If you followed the video, it is a bit off. The patch is in the livepatch folder inside the livepatch folder (atleast that was the case with me).

So try changing the text in game.txt to (ms0:/livepatch/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1).

That worked for me atleast because I had it inside another livepatch folder and didn't realize it at first. After I changed to this, it was perfect!!! Game is so much better on the PSP version and has more content. If this doesn't work, and you have an iphone or ipad, I suggest that as an alternative, but I am certain this will work. Post if you need any further help or pm.
---