Should I dismiss some units?

#1GuergyPosted 7/9/2013 9:47:26 PM
I am in Chapter 2 but some of my generics are around the level 20-30 range, I wasn't trying to get that but I needed JP for some classes and I believe grinded too much. Should I get rid of some generics as not to make them too powerful?
#2EfratePosted 7/10/2013 4:18:24 AM
You can always not use them. If you do not they shall fall into line rather quickly. If the rest of your party is well behind those generics, you will notice a decrease in the difficulty of random battles since they are based on highest level in your roster should you get rid of them. Unless yer using them when they are well above and beyond you enemies levels however, it won't matter if ya let them sit and give them a bit of a time out. Plus you can always eat their souls for some free abilities with newer characters in the future if you choose to.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#3Guergy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:02:51 AM
Well alright.
#4FaustXIIPosted 7/12/2013 7:26:39 PM
Efrate posted...
You can always not use them. If you do not they shall fall into line rather quickly. If the rest of your party is well behind those generics, you will notice a decrease in the difficulty of random battles since they are based on highest level in your roster should you get rid of them. Unless yer using them when they are well above and beyond you enemies levels however, it won't matter if ya let them sit and give them a bit of a time out. Plus you can always eat their souls for some free abilities with newer characters in the future if you choose to.

How do you make sure which abilities they inherit??
#5PK_RockinPosted 7/12/2013 7:40:17 PM
You don't. Each ability has a unique percent chance to be learned when the crystal is picked up.
#6Guergy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 7:56:17 PM(edited)
Could I just buy new units and level them up so that I don't have level the old units down?
#7FaustXIIPosted 7/13/2013 1:04:01 PM
Guergy posted...
Could I just buy new units and level them up so that I don't have level the old units down?

You can do whatever you want, find your own way of going through the game it will be more rewarding I think.. It's your file after all. You could always make a backup file and just go from there freely no worries.