I just beat the game for the first time (Minor spoilers)

#1Tommy2GoGoPosted 10/16/2013 12:25:54 AM
It was fun and awesome. I was hooked for hours on end.

I loved the difficulty in the game.
I had fun playing around with different classes and experimenting to see which ones were good and weren't.

Though after getting those secret units the game suddenly became super easy.

Like SERIOUSLY.

Balthier was super fast and really good.
Why did he get a scene and not all the other characters? I would have loved to see a scene where Orran and Ramza meet a second time. Where Ramza sees Orran is of the black lions.

Either way, the last boss was SO easy with that one dude that owns the Excalibur. I gave him a few items to boost his speed and attack and he killed the semi-boss and main boss like nothing. Ramza was good, but he was lacking speed.

hell, near the end my Mage build became pointless (One White Mage for healing + holy / Black Mage, Monk/ Archer/ Holy Knight Chick) . I just went for speed/attack and it worked pretty damn well. Didn't struggle much near the end as I was in the beginning.

Still a great fun game.
#2RevenantThingsPosted 10/21/2013 5:46:17 PM
Balthier is kinda a fan favorite. For the most part it was cross promotion (the Luso scene and Balthier scene) of the other Ivalice games.
---
What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day - Wiegraf, FFT:tWotL
#3Bishop_SasaraiPosted 10/24/2013 7:49:31 AM
Never cared for Balthier.
#4RevenantThingsPosted 10/25/2013 4:24:22 AM
Blasphemy!
---
What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day - Wiegraf, FFT:tWotL
#5krunchyfroggPosted 10/25/2013 4:28:07 AM
This is a great game, but if you don't place certain restrictions on your game, it will become too easy, even with all generics.
---
Lay down your arms, or die clutching them! None will mourn your passing.
#6Bishop_SasaraiPosted 10/25/2013 8:20:27 AM
RevenantThings posted...
Blasphemy!

Sorry, but I just don't really like any of the FF XII characters, except for Basch. Stupid SE for scrapping him as the main.
#7pondrthisPosted 10/30/2013 6:23:18 AM
I also failed to see the merit in the FF12 characters, or rather the playable ones. In fact, besides the antagonists, i didn't like anything in that game between hours 5 and 75... great postgame though.

What was meant on here that the game can become easy if you don't place restrictions on yourself, even with all generics? I'm using all generics and am at the final area, and it's been hell, despite me trying my damnedest to build a power team.

Builds:
Ramza: Shirahadori/doublehand Excalibur
Bard with MP regen+MP damage absorb, also a summoner with Lich.
Two duel wield knights, one also a dancer, both are used for massive speed breaking and high damage
One Dragoon with maxed jump, doublehand, attack boosting skills, etc
#8tiornysPosted 10/30/2013 7:22:07 AM
pondrthis posted...
What was meant on here that the game can become easy if you don't place restrictions on yourself, even with all generics? I'm using all generics and am at the final area, and it's been hell, despite me trying my damnedest to build a power team.

Consider, for example, a team of Math Skill users (break it more with Holy and Chameleon Robes/Excalibur)...
or a team with two Wizards, a Priest, a Time Mage, and an Oracle all carrying Iaido...
a team of Summoners with Swiftness...
a team of bare-handed Ninjas with Martial Arts and Brawler...
a team of Lancers with Item, Damage Split, and Move HP Up...
or maybe a team consisting of one of each of the above groups.

There are all kinds of ways to break the game. I've just listed a few of the more popular.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#9MundolfPosted 11/1/2013 4:52:25 PM
Heck just raise the brave of your Ramza to 97 so everything has a 3% chance to hit you. Then put on some reflect mail and youre basically immortal. You could also just give ANY female the chantage and watch them run around destroying everything.
---
"What is it with you kid, ignorance or apathy?"
I dont know and I dont care
#10aegisjesterPosted 11/9/2013 2:18:48 PM
you can most easily break the game by giving ramza some secret clothes and a female with Chatage and a barette, more or less invincible. Cid breaks the game pretty much the second he joins the party. Ninjas with high brave and barehands can have the game broken by the 2nd chapter.

When WOTL came out I was really hoping there would be some effort to re-balance; making monsters exponentially stronger at high levels (esp. increasing their max hp past 1000), giving random humans about 10x the JP and skills (why am I fighting ninjas with max shop equipment that are still using "throw stone"?), and I really wanted to see high-powered "hit squads" coming from each of the game's factions as random battles near the end of the game (for example, Glabados sending hit squads of Holy Knights and Divine Knights, Northern Sky sending Ark Knights and Dark Knights, all with rare equipment and Safeguard).

Unfortunately no such effort was made, and most mods for this or the original just nerf the player and beef the enemies without adding much flair.