Starting a new game on - looking for advice. *SPOILERS*

#1avec_fromagePosted 10/25/2013 4:52:17 PM
I've beaten the PSP version years ago and started playing the iOS version. I ended up dismissing Lavian and Alicia and just read that they're needed for a quest... so I'm going to start over. Is there anything else like this worth knowing before starting? Characters to keep, things not to miss, etc.

Also, can someone recommend some good job set-ups for the unique characters and maybe a couple generic ones? I'm also unsure what to do with Ramza and Dark Knight training ruins the fun IMO.
#2chessjerkPosted 10/26/2013 8:41:57 AM
As far as characters go, don't dismiss any unique characters and you should be fine. With the amount of space for units, you shouldn't have a problem running out of space on your roster.

For Ramza, I always liked making him a Geomancer, since Geomancy uses both physical and magic attack in the damage formula and Ramza gets male physical stats and female magical stats. His secondary can be almost anything you want since the Geomancer class has very versatile equipment options.
---
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9966/imag0270n.jpg
The curse of Aqua has been broken!...I hope...
#3terran3999999Posted 10/26/2013 10:53:05 AM
Just take a look at the Sticky from this exact Board and it should more than cover it. So did you actually grab the Tynar Rouge the first time?

Ramza gets male physical stats and female magical stats
ONLY in his UberSquire Job, so changing him into a Geomancer makes that moot.

UberSquire is basically a jack of all trades and its really up to you the player to mold him into what you want. You can go the PA route since he can equip the broken Knightswords, Attack Boost and Dual Wield helps with that. You can go the MA route and use Arcane Strength, he makes a pretty good Iaido user.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#4RevenantThingsPosted 10/26/2013 7:13:46 PM
As a rule you should hold on to all unique characters (excluding Ladd and Boco, if you want to free up some space). Mustadio, Beowulf, Reis, Lavian, Alicia, Worker 8, and Agrias are all pivotal for Ch. 4 sidequests.
---
What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day - Wiegraf, FFT:tWotL
#5chessjerkPosted 10/27/2013 12:29:06 PM
terran3999999 posted...

Ramza gets male physical stats and female magical stats

Wrong. Ramza gets male physical and female magical stats in all jobs, not just Ubersquire.
---
#6FinalFlamesPosted 10/27/2013 3:40:06 PM
You guys are both wrong.
Excalibur! Squire/Dark Knight Ramza with Move 3 and Vehemence is the *OP* Way to go
---
PSN:GfaqFinalFlames
If I fall in combat, I pray I have stricken an enemy to pull with me.
#7chessjerkPosted 10/27/2013 7:25:10 PM
True, but I don't think the TC wants to use Dark Knight, based on his original post.
---
#8terran3999999Posted 10/27/2013 9:24:03 PM
Are you sure?

The stat growth Sticky said that the special stats only apply if their in their unique Jobs.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#9chessjerkPosted 10/27/2013 10:18:56 PM
I don't think that it is a "special state" per se, it is a factor that Ramza simply has male PA stats and growth and female MA stats and growth.

Here's a table of stats that I've referred to in the past (I'm fairly sure it's accurate, but not 100% sure):

http://philsov.ffhacktics.com/Classstats/

I currently have a save with a level 20 Ramza. As a naked Geomancer, he has 7 PA and 7 MA. A normal male Geomancer would have 7 PA and 5 MA, and a female Geomancer would have 6 PA and 7 MA. However, it is an old save and I'm not sure how he was leveled from 1-20, although it shouldn't matter too much for the purposes of this discussion.

Also, this comparison was done on the original version, not the PSP version, but I don't think there were significant changes done in this area in the PSP version (although I really should check for myself, I haven't played the PSP version in awhile).

Let me know if your experience differs from mine, I would be curious to find out why.
---
#10RaijiniliPosted 10/29/2013 8:52:46 PM
All of you are wrong.

Carriers = instant win.

Ramza gets x5/4 on his raw stats (when he is generated). Males and females only get that multiplier on one. To be more precise, it's probably just multiplying the range.

Cloud gets ribbon in base job because his job has that equip option.