psp hydro 17

#1athurdentPosted 8/25/2009 4:03:00 AM
yes i know this is the wii board but the psp board is dead

i would like to know if anyone has a video of this level?? i dont think its the same as the wii level its a level with tilting rails and spinning rails only, no platforms part from the beginning and finish

---
In the beginning the universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
#2packattackPosted 8/25/2009 6:00:53 PM
I remember this level. Its probably the hardest level in the game in my opinion. I remember it taking me quite a while to beat it the long way just once. I ended up doing a shortcut several times to beat the level, but it never let me save the replay because whenever I beat the default high score on this stage, the game locked up right after it entered the high score screen where you input your initials. If your just trying to beat the stage, the shortcut I did was to go to the back of the platform that you start on and wait until the clock hit a certain time like 53 seconds (I dont have the game open so i dont remember the exact time) and then went full forward in the direction of the goal. I would turn into the marble/ball property mercury and then i'd try to land on the spinning rail right as it did the full 180 degree spin. If you hit it at the right time, you can get deflected right to the goal platform. It was easier for me to do that than the normal level. I could try playing it again the long way to get a replay that i could upload if your really that interested.
---
Super Monkey Ball Elite (every Super monkey ball game and more)
http://www.elitescores.com/
#3athurdent(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2009 11:05:28 AM
if you wouldn't mind posting it up that would be a great help!! i can get past the 1st spinny rail sometimes but i cant for the life of me get past the uphill spinny rail just got this level and 1 level bonuses and 2 levels 100% mercury to go!!

anyway thanks for the tip that will help for the high score!! and you replied so quickly thought it would take weeks or months!!
---
#4packattackPosted 9/2/2009 6:18:54 PM
Sorry for the delay. Here is a link for the video.

http://www.vortiginous.com/packattack/MercuryMeltdownPSP/mercury.MOV

I'd recommend trying to play on these views that I did. I can't guarantee that it will help, but I found these to be the easiest views to stay in control on this stage. The reason that I stopped by the goal until the clock hit 0 was because this stage won't let me beat the high score set by the game. When I beat this stage with any time left, it freezes just before the screen where I would normally enter my initials. This was the only way I could get a replay saved. I hope this helps.
---
Super Monkey Ball Elite (every Super monkey ball game and more)
http://www.elitescores.com/
#5athurdent(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2009 8:03:03 AM
thanks!!

i never thought of doing the 1st spinny in 2 moves!!
---