Explanation for "Alien 3"'s 'Magic Egg'?

#1KurtHecticPosted 3/19/2012 11:17:24 AM
As far as I know, this game is set after the events of Alien 3 (the "true" sequel to Aliens). The question I pose to ya'll is: since the first level is to investigate the abandoned Sulaco, CAN this game offer a plausible explanation for the mysterious egg/facehugger at the beginning of Alien 3 (causing the deaths of Hicks and Newt, totaling Bishop and impregnating Ripley), or will that continue to remain a plot-hole in the film series?
#2SNES_64_DC_XboxPosted 3/19/2012 11:48:10 AM
Well, I don't know about this game, but I really doubt Alien 3 (and sequels) will ever be considered good. This plot hole ruined the entire movie. I bet the Sulaco has at least one alien on it, for no reason, just like in "Aliens: Infestation" for DS.

Just don't expect a GOOD explanation.
---
'I can't believe I lost to this SCUM!!!' -Meteo Crusher
#3Runner_stylePosted 3/23/2012 10:28:53 AM
Even if they did try to explain it it wouldn't be accepted by the mainstream Alien fanbase because frankly it cannot be explained away. The queen had no reason nor the time to run through the ship, do a cartwheel, pop out an egg, run back to the dropship, climb back inside the dropship, THEN climb back out of the dropship stabbing Bishop through the back in the process...
---
If you want to know what a lobotomized person acts like just pay attention to a console fanboy.
#4some09guy IIPosted 3/29/2012 8:45:38 PM
I prefer the 'it was a dream' idea. The film is considerably darker, ends with death, and when next Ripley finds herself, everything is very bizarre and people keep quoting lines from the previous films.

Kind of surprises me, actually, nobody actually decided to just run with that. I think it might actually get people to like Alien 3 somewhat.
#5wEEman33_VIPosted 3/30/2012 11:17:05 AM(edited)
Here is the official explanation of what happened at the end of Aliens and the beginning of Alien 3:

Only three of us escaped before a nuclear explosion destroyed the entire site.

I alone survived the crash landing of our escape pod on Fiorina 161, a bleak wasteland inhabited by former inmates of the planet's maximum security prison.

Unbeknownst to us, the Alien had managed to plant eggs on our escape pod, which subsequently hatched and unleashed terror on the prison facility.

It was then I learned that I had been impregnated with an Alien. Not just any embryo, either, but a future Queen.

So the Queen from Aliens planted an egg on Ripley's ship before they took off.

That is taken from the Alien Resurrection (PS1) instruction manual.
---
I don't even listen to metal anymore.
#6JascoDPosted 3/30/2012 7:09:35 PM
Ripley's ship?

What ship? She had her own ride?
---
They mostly come at night, mostly...
#7wEEman33_VIPosted 3/31/2012 10:06:58 AM
The ship that she and newt and the android escaped on at the end of Aliens.
---
I don't even listen to metal anymore.
#8SNES_64_DC_XboxPosted 3/31/2012 2:18:57 PM
Woah, don't forget about Corporal Hicks!
"3 of us" means either
A - She isn't counting Bishop, the artificial, or
B - She isn't counting herself.

The ship was the Sulaco, the starship from ALIENS.

And there was no time for any eggs to be planted, especially in an escape pod.
My point is, ALIEN3 was bull****.
---
'I can't believe I lost to this SCUM!!!' -Meteo Crusher
#9PeteyParkerPosted 3/31/2012 3:02:55 PM
Alien 3 sucks. I too subscribe to the "it was all a dream" theory. It is the only way I can watch that abomination.
---
"How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who....What I'm trying to say is.. Oasis rules!"