Something I never understood about facehuggers....

#1Moose_Of_WoePosted 1/3/2013 5:00:51 PM(edited)
Being attacked unsuspectingly would suck, sure. You've suddenly got a tail wrapped around your neck and a face full of genitals gone awry...

However, if you're walking in to an area where you know they exist can't you just.....wrap one of your own arms around your neck? At the very least the facehuggers couldn't choke the life out of you this way, right? Assuming their tail isn't strong enough to separate your arm and you can push away from your own neck just enough to breathe.

Just sayin'.....a Xeno would make me sully my pants but a facehugger seems pretty tame by comparison.
#2RycerXPosted 1/3/2013 5:08:43 PM(edited)
I don't know, I think it'd get you sooner or later. It took two grown men to overpower one of them with their bare hands.
#3some09guy IIPosted 1/3/2013 6:22:00 PM
Not quite so simple. If your arm doesn't block both your neck and your face then you're in trouble. Either it gets your face and you get knocked out, or it wraps its tail around your neck and chokes you to submission. To note, this tail is damn strong. It took all of Ripley, Hicks and Hudson together to unwind a facehugger tail from the former's neck.

Basically, if you don't manage to knock it away or dodge that first leap, you better have some friends nearby in a position to help or you're probably pretty well screwed. Getting into a struggle with it is a bad idea and, unfortunately, that tail looks to be pretty fast on the draw.
#4RycerXPosted 1/3/2013 6:38:43 PM
For the record, I'd much rather take my chances against a xeno drone than a facehugger.
#5AbsoluteBKKPosted 1/3/2013 9:02:54 PM
RycerX posted...
For the record, I'd much rather take my chances against a xeno drone than a facehugger.

I second this. Can't think of a worse way to die than having my mouth violated by a Facehugger dong and then sitting around waiting for a little alien to chew its way out of me.
---
Now playing - Halo 4, Far Cry 3, Dead Space
#6Special-EddPosted 1/4/2013 5:52:39 AM(edited)
Even without the tail being wrapped around your neck it is still plenty strong enough to pin your arm down while it literally rapes your face. It seems like it is stronger than it appears for such a small creature and though your method may defend against a choke your face is still exposed.

RycerX posted...

I second this. Can't think of a worse way to die than having my mouth violated by a Facehugger dong and then sitting around waiting for a little alien to chew its way out of me.

I third it. Although being dragged off by a drone to be impregnated by a facehugger stinks just as well.

A warrior type seems more likely to give you the little mouth through the skull.
---
Playing: Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, GoM-E
Anticipating: Gears of War: Judgement, GoW: Ascension, Aliens: Colonial Marines
#7Moose_Of_Woe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 12:59:50 PM
some09guy II posted...
Either it gets your face and you get knocked out....

I completely forgot just how powerful that burst/leap attack is. It was strong enough to knock out Kane through the glass/visor on his space suit in Alien.

Ok, disregard my previous post. Facehuggers are a deadly PITA.
#8RycerXPosted 1/4/2013 3:52:23 PM(edited)
I don't think it's the force of their impact that puts you unconscious, it instantly administers some kind of paralytic/sedative agent, doesn't it? That's what I remember Ash and Dallas saying, something about it keeping Kane in a comatose state.

The main thing is they're just a hell of a lot stronger and quicker than you, it would eventually wiggle its way past your arms. You could probably keep it off you for a few seconds like Ripley did if you're lucky, long enough for you to come up with something. But it better be good, like a squad of marines smashing through the window to help you.
#9NightSadPosted 1/4/2013 6:32:37 PM
RycerX posted...
I don't think it's the force of their impact that puts you unconscious, it instantly administers some kind of paralytic/sedative agent, doesn't it? That's what I remember Ash and Dallas saying, something about it keeping Kane in a comatose state.

The main thing is they're just a hell of a lot stronger and quicker than you, it would eventually wiggle its way past your arms. You could probably keep it off you for a few seconds like Ripley did if you're lucky, long enough for you to come up with something. But it better be good, like a squad of marines smashing through the window to help you.

i think that more that sedative, the same facehugger with his tails keeps a low flow of oxygen entering the victim´s body.

and that could cause a fainted state.
---
I used to post a good thread like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.
xbox x360:GT: El Sadshadow
#10kaeichiPosted 1/4/2013 7:55:10 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=108 should go read that really quick for a good laugh.
---
http://g4tv.com/videos/21057/Sesslers-Soapbox-Review-to-a-Kill/