Season pass details

#31RycerXPosted 1/31/2013 10:38:19 PM(edited)
Darlordvader posted...
if any of you are picking this game up at gamestop, get ready to be harassed upon pick up for the season pass -.- speaking as a gamestop employee, we practically get written up if we don't ask every single person picking up a game like this for a season pass.

I figured as much, nobody could possibly be that obnoxious unless their job depended on it. That's pretty messed up tbh, and hysterically counter productive. It's one of the reasons I no longer shop with Gamestop. Instead of a few measly sales, they would rather lose customers altogether.

Remember stuff like this if you ever find yourself in manager's position, we're counting on you to turn it around.
#32DarlordvaderPosted 1/31/2013 11:03:12 PM
RycerX posted...
Darlordvader posted...
if any of you are picking this game up at gamestop, get ready to be harassed upon pick up for the season pass -.- speaking as a gamestop employee, we practically get written up if we don't ask every single person picking up a game like this for a season pass.

I figured as much, nobody could possibly be that obnoxious unless their job depended on it. That's pretty messed up tbh, and hysterically counter productive. It's one of the reasons I no longer shop with Gamestop. Instead of a few measly sales, they would rather lose customers altogether.

Remember stuff like this if you ever find yourself in manager's position, we're counting on you to turn it around.

oh there's no chance in hell i would ever be in any manager position with gamestop. i refuse to compromise my moral values :-p in all seriousness i will say some employees actually are that obnoxious on purpose (my boss for example..) but everyone else at my job is pretty casual about season passes. we ask, and if someone says no that's it, no need to keep bothering the customers about it otherwise nobody will want to come back to our store right?

i will say though depending on the game, season passes are a pretty good deal, gamestop just makes a habit of not telling you that you can buy the season passes on XBL or the PSN store in order to snag the sale
---
XBL: Darlordvader
PSN: Darlordvader
#33Darth VengerPosted 2/1/2013 7:05:02 AM
Borderland 2 DLC is 3 for 3 in my opinion. So far, I have enjoyed all three packs.

I am really surprised that people are complaining about campaign DLC. Every time a game announces multiplayer DLC, people say "I wish there was campaign DLC, because I don't play multiplayer!"
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#34DarlordvaderPosted 2/2/2013 4:54:42 PM
hey guys, so i took a little peek at our upcoming releases/prices in the store computers, and from what i can see the aliens season pass will be 29.99 on xbox, and according to the description it's supposed to be four DLC releases...imo, i never really buy dlc or season passes but 30 bucks for 4 packs sounds pretty good compared to the 50 they charge for call of duty each year.
---
#35The DevourerPosted 2/2/2013 5:14:04 PM(edited)
Don't compare things to COD. Like...ever lol. Everything looks good compared to that except for gameplay. The multiplayer is trash on the latest ones due to insane lag.

But the pass is going to be 30 it's already on sale on PC and everything. The only price difference is the base price of the game is 50 on PC instead of 60.

There's also nothing wrong with asking people to buy season passes or anything. I almost always get asked but once I say no that's it. Some stores the people harass you about preordering other games and everything. When I preordered Pokemon Black 2 this guy was asking me to preorder White 2 as well and I was like...no...no...no...
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#36DarlordvaderPosted 2/2/2013 6:55:49 PM
The Devourer posted...
Don't compare things to COD. Like...ever lol. Everything looks good compared to that except for gameplay. The multiplayer is trash on the latest ones due to insane lag.

But the pass is going to be 30 it's already on sale on PC and everything. The only price difference is the base price of the game is 50 on PC instead of 60.

There's also nothing wrong with asking people to buy season passes or anything. I almost always get asked but once I say no that's it. Some stores the people harass you about preordering other games and everything. When I preordered Pokemon Black 2 this guy was asking me to preorder White 2 as well and I was like...no...no...no...

I was just mentioning it since that's the first game that comes to mind when it comes to season passes, no need to go on a call of duty rant on an aliens board ;)

i didn't know it was on sale for pc already, it's just something that i happened to notice at work and i thought i'd mention it since i'd seen this thread earlier.
---
#37The DevourerPosted 2/2/2013 9:04:20 PM
Darlordvader posted...
The Devourer posted...

I was just mentioning it since that's the first game that comes to mind when it comes to season passes, no need to go on a call of duty rant on an aliens board ;)

i didn't know it was on sale for pc already, it's just something that i happened to notice at work and i thought i'd mention it since i'd seen this thread earlier.

Don't worry lol. Just saying because call of duty is pretty bad for an example since they don't set the bar high for anything but short campaigns and good smooth game play. Other than that their decisions are bad. The dlc is a ripoff. Forza horizon had 50$ dlc and I wasn't too hip on that either. Most season passes end up around 30 though. Gearbox did that with bl2 and it was done on gears 3 assassins Creed 3 and others. Most of them seem to be 4 or 5 dlc for 30
---
#38Guirec730Posted 2/3/2013 5:35:44 PM
DarkPassnger posted...
I am curious. With all this talk of Ridley Scott overseeing a small part of this project I wonder if James Cameron had any input or acknowledgment for this game to be made seeing as it is based off of his entry in the series.

I don't know about overseeing it...I think all he did was stop by the studio one day and fill them in on Prometheus stuff.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#39gunner967Posted 2/4/2013 1:50:00 PM
razzle170286 posted...
“Purchase the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and get access to four downloadable content packages at a 33% discount! All add-on content packs are scheduled to be released from March through to summer 2013. The Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass will give you access to campaign content, additional multiplayer maps, new modes, character customization and more!”

Seems like Gearbox are planning a lot of DLC if they are putting out a season pass. Campaign content sounds very interesting.

March is a bit early to put out extra content, isn't it? Does this mean that Gearbox is turning into Capcom and withholding content? Or even worse, on-disc DLC?

I just died a little.
#40The DevourerPosted 2/4/2013 3:03:29 PM
gunner967 posted...
razzle170286 posted...
“Purchase the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and get access to four downloadable content packages at a 33% discount! All add-on content packs are scheduled to be released from March through to summer 2013. The Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass will give you access to campaign content, additional multiplayer maps, new modes, character customization and more!”

Seems like Gearbox are planning a lot of DLC if they are putting out a season pass. Campaign content sounds very interesting.

March is a bit early to put out extra content, isn't it? Does this mean that Gearbox is turning into Capcom and withholding content? Or even worse, on-disc DLC?

I just died a little.

The game has to be done at least a month in advance for QA shipping and everything else. If the game has been done for a month or more now, that means they've had a month to work on DLC, another month or so before THAT gets released and that's just digital and needs to go through Microsoft and Sony and whatever other avenues they need to take care of delivery.

Are you suggesting that they sit around with their thumbs up their asses once the game is complete and do nothing until it comes out rather than start work on DLC if they had it planned and have it ready to go sooner? Either way you're getting the same thing but one is a more efficient use of time and the other isn't.
---