Alien Ressurection on PS1

#1bhamacukPosted 1/30/2013 3:13:39 PM
Anyone remember that game? They did a great job on that. The graphics for the time were very good and the Aliens moved with lethal agility. The animations were surprisingly good.

It was dark, tense and atmospheric. lots of dark, flickering corridors and rooms where it was silent and you were expecting something to happen. it was really good!
#2CreepyEPosted 1/30/2013 6:12:07 PM
I remember Alien Trilogy on Sega Saturn and I believe it also came out on ps1. That was a really great game, same with Alien vs. Predator on Atari Jaguar. First game where you could be marine/predator/alien and with all the weapons youd expect. It even had the coocooning concept that I think was only featured in the second film and cut from the first. The only way you could get extra lives was to cocoon marines to spawn when you died.
#3OdinFearPosted 1/30/2013 6:33:29 PM
CreepyE posted...
I remember Alien Trilogy on Sega Saturn and I believe it also came out on ps1. That was a really great game, same with Alien vs. Predator on Atari Jaguar. First game where you could be marine/predator/alien and with all the weapons youd expect. It even had the coocooning concept that I think was only featured in the second film and cut from the first. The only way you could get extra lives was to cocoon marines to spawn when you died.

loved that version of AvP. it was basically a Wolfenstein/Doom clone, but for its time, it was awesome. especially being able to cocoon in the Alien campaign. kind of sad that Tempest and AvP were the only really good games on the Jaguar (for me at least). and i loved having items/weapons linked to the number pad.
---
RIP Khali (my 1st GFAQs account)
XBL GT - LUE Khali
#4teehee23Posted 1/30/2013 6:37:17 PM
I had AR on both PSOne and Saturn an enjoyed it. Facehuggers seemed rather slow and weak. Music and sound effects were good and made the game scary to me at that age. I don't think I ever actually completed that game but I completed the Jaguar AvP game many times.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#5wEEman33_VIPosted 1/30/2013 8:35:59 PM
Alien Resurrection on PS1

Excellent game. Probably the third best Alien FPS behind AVP1 and AVP2 for PC.
---
Nothing is not
#6Guirec730Posted 1/31/2013 4:45:10 PM
Resurrection was scary as hell. It would have been much better without human enemies, because they were extremely difficult.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#7Ice WeaselPosted 1/31/2013 6:49:32 PM(edited)
Didn't play that one but I put a hell of a lot of time into Alien Trilogy.
#8teehee23Posted 1/31/2013 7:48:01 PM
Ice Weasel posted...
Didn't play that one but I put a hell of a lot of time into Alien Trilogy.

Ahh, that's the game I had on PSOne and Saturn, not AR.
Thank you.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#9CreepyEPosted 1/31/2013 11:04:10 PM
OdinFear posted...
CreepyE posted...

loved that version of AvP. it was basically a Wolfenstein/Doom clone, but for its time, it was awesome. especially being able to cocoon in the Alien campaign. kind of sad that Tempest and AvP were the only really good games on the Jaguar (for me at least). and i loved having items/weapons linked to the number pad.

I still remember Claw,Tail,Claw then walk over the corpse to cocoon. Do you remember the plastic cards that game with games to fit over the number pad to display what the buttons did?
#10galmorzuPosted 2/2/2013 9:51:19 PM
I actually have very fond memories of Alien Trilogy. I didn't play much of AR for PS1, but AT had a fantastic atmosphere and VERY creepy music. It was a tough game, but really well done, I thought.
---
"I dont want it to be FUN..... FUN often times ruins games" - IgnatiusLoyola (On RE4 - Gamefaqs)