IGN Colonial Marines 2 hour live stream today

#101razzle170286Posted 2/3/2013 1:07:30 PM
Does anyone know what Survivor mode is? I figured it would be like a horde mode, but the dude on the live stream pretty much dodged the question when he was asked about it. Seems a bit strange why they never talked about it...
---
United Kingdom. The only country in the world were having children is a career.
#102adamclane99Posted 2/3/2013 1:26:53 PM
Stream sold me on MP.
#103nuke2099Posted 2/3/2013 1:45:52 PM
razzle170286 posted...
Does anyone know what Survivor mode is? I figured it would be like a horde mode, but the dude on the live stream pretty much dodged the question when he was asked about it. Seems a bit strange why they never talked about it...

Survivor mode is either like an infection thing. One Xenomorph and those it kills become one or it is a horde mode and he just didn't want to spoil it. However the way he dodged the question and then said maybe makes me think that there isn't a horde mode or that their might be/might not be one in the future.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#104DemSkeetSkeetMFPosted 2/3/2013 2:43:23 PM
I know I already have it pre-ordered but I feel the stream cut down any doubts that others may of had. I for one would still buy it unless it was a complete failure because I love to support my favorite franchises, after all, that's how they keep going. AvP for the 360 was a fun game, not groundbreaking by any means but I am glad I still supported it.

I would not wait for this game to be in bargain bins because I want to experience the full multiplayer with the largest online community. You know it's going to die off eventually(I wish it wouldn't). It'd be nice to have a nice dedicated online community like some of the larger franchises but we all know that's not going to happen.

I haven't touched my 360 in a few weeks(was playing BOII but it's getting boring). I think this will be a nice change of pace when it gets to my door.
#105BigLongDowner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:53:57 PM
I hope the MP has a dedicated following like the L4D community.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#106CarpeCapricornPosted 2/3/2013 3:05:43 PM
I was glad to hear that adding more co op players during campaign doesn't result in simply having more xenos thrown at you in an effort to amp up difficulty. I'm not sure if it was said during the livestream or in an interview elsewhere, but they specifically addressed it. Making it more difficult to accomodate additional players was something they handled dynamically and modified each encounter in a unique way. Not JUST throwing more numbers at you. Exciting.
---
---
Beings that are born of dreams must return to them...
#107The DevourerPosted 2/3/2013 3:10:06 PM
DemSkeetSkeetMF posted...
I know I already have it pre-ordered but I feel the stream cut down any doubts that others may of had. I for one would still buy it unless it was a complete failure because I love to support my favorite franchises, after all, that's how they keep going. AvP for the 360 was a fun game, not groundbreaking by any means but I am glad I still supported it.

I would not wait for this game to be in bargain bins because I want to experience the full multiplayer with the largest online community. You know it's going to die off eventually(I wish it wouldn't). It'd be nice to have a nice dedicated online community like some of the larger franchises but we all know that's not going to happen.

I haven't touched my 360 in a few weeks(was playing BOII but it's getting boring). I think this will be a nice change of pace when it gets to my door.

I was on the fence. I was hoping the stream would remove my doubts on it. I actually switched my preorder at Gamestop from GOWJ to this and put all my gift card on it so now I owe a whopping 20$ for it. I'm pretty excited. The game looks awesome.

I'm surprised you've hung onto BO2 so long. I ended up trading mine in because the lag was unbearable.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#108Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/3/2013 4:37:06 PM
nuke2099 posted...
razzle170286 posted...

Survivor mode is either like an infection thing. One Xenomorph and those it kills become one or it is a horde mode and he just didn't want to spoil it. However the way he dodged the question and then said maybe makes me think that there isn't a horde mode or that their might be/might not be one in the future.

Why can't they let you start off as a facehugger in that mode? That is if survivor is more of a infection mode than a horde mode.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#109FusionCPosted 2/3/2013 9:01:13 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
nuke2099 posted...
razzle170286 posted...

Why can't they let you start off as a facehugger in that mode? That is if survivor is more of a infection mode than a horde mode.

The Survivor mode trailer does show people picking up other down marines...so who knows.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#110Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/3/2013 9:23:11 PM
FusionC posted...
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
nuke2099 posted...
razzle170286 posted...

The Survivor mode trailer does show people picking up other down marines...so who knows.

Can only hope.... bouncing around dodging bullets on your way to facehug people.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....