IGN Colonial Marines 2 hour live stream today

#61BigLongDowner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:25:57 PM
Yayyy123 posted...
Only thing I wished they showed was the horde mode. But I was impressed overall. Definitely turning the difficulty above normal, though.

I could be wrong but I think someone asked them during the twitter feed about horde mode, Gearbox said that there's no horde... yet. Again, I could of misheard.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#62Spartan0fCha0s8Posted 2/2/2013 8:28:18 PM
some09guy II posted...
Looks like they made an error with the APC. In the film Hicks and Hudson state at different times it was destroyed in the dropship crash, but it' stands untouched in the game.

BINGO! That was one MAJOR flaw. And an obvious one at that. There was the lurker xeno at the very end that just sat there in the open and let the player kill it as well. Reminds me of that infamous clip of the old CM from 2000 lol
---
I never sleep cuz sleep is the cousin of death
#63FusionCPosted 2/2/2013 8:30:20 PM
BigLongDowner posted...
Yayyy123 posted...
Only thing I wished they showed was the horde mode. But I was impressed overall. Definitely turning the difficulty above normal, though.

I could be wrong but I think someone asked them during the twitter feed about horde mode, Gearbox said that there's no horde... yet. Again, I could of misheard.

From what very little information that is out there, the Survivor mode is SUPPOSE to be the horde like mode. But there is so little out there, that was the reason i was asking about survivor mode..to see if during the 2 hours they talked about it at all
---
For the Horde!!!!
#64Black_Hand_313Posted 2/2/2013 8:32:53 PM
FusionC posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
Yayyy123 posted...

From what very little information that is out there, the Survivor mode is SUPPOSE to be the horde like mode. But there is so little out there, that was the reason i was asking about survivor mode..to see if during the 2 hours they talked about it at all

It sounded like they dodged the question when somebody asked it. There's one last mode they didn't show that I think is horde mode but I'm not sure
#65BigLongDowner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:33:16 PM
They didn't talk about Survivor mode. The only two modes they showed were team deathmatch and Escape.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#66DarkPassngerPosted 2/2/2013 8:33:35 PM
Quote:some09guy II posted...
Looks like they made an error with the APC. In the film Hicks and Hudson state at different times it was destroyed in the dropship crash, but it' stands untouched in the game.

BINGO! That was one MAJOR flaw. And an obvious one at that. There was the lurker xeno at the very end that just sat there in the open and let the player kill it as well. Reminds me of that infamous clip of the old CM from 2000 lol

@Spartan0fCha0s8

If you're talking about the one outside the colony on the surface I was assuming it was a random one from one of the ships that just crashed that happened to not have much damage. I mean how did the survivors make it to the surface in one piece? That part is skipped since the loaded up the 4th chapter. So idk if that was the exact same APC.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#67some09guy IIPosted 2/2/2013 8:38:02 PM
DarkPassnger posted...

@Spartan0fCha0s8

If you're talking about the one outside the colony on the surface I was assuming it was a random one from one of the ships that just crashed that happened to not have much damage. I mean how did the survivors make it to the surface in one piece? That part is skipped since the loaded up the 4th chapter. So idk if that was the exact same APC.

I would have thought so as well, if the Gearbox guy hadn't said differently. Hell, there was even the flare beside it.
#68Yayyy123Posted 2/2/2013 8:39:26 PM
some09guy II posted...
DarkPassnger posted...

@Spartan0fCha0s8

I would have thought so as well, if the Gearbox guy hadn't said differently. Hell, there was even the flare beside it.

Lol Gearbox dun goofed!
---
Magical Mystery Tour is the most underrated Beatles album.
People that agree: 12
#69The DevourerPosted 2/2/2013 9:01:04 PM(edited)
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
The Devourer posted...
Looks best with friends but holy he'll it looks good. Multiplayer looks awesome at least on escape. I didn't get to watch tdm.

From what I saw of them playing the MP, aliens do better when you don't just run head first at the marines and expect the aliens to easily kill them. Their melee does seem to do good damage (along with the longer drawn out attack animations that can insta kill, I would assume as long as you can finish the animation).

Did you see when the gearbox guy took over the alien? Wrecked them. It looks well balanced and just looks overall good. And aliens should do well as long as you don't charge in. They aren't fodder but they won't eat ammo either. The mutation thing looks really awesome and will ad more depth as well. The game actually looks better than I'd have hoped

Spartan0fCha0s8 posted...
Who else is playing this game on Ultimate Bad Ass from the start? Looks like the "true" form of the game

I will with friends. Alone. No way.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#70Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/2/2013 9:06:18 PM
The only downside about the powerups thing for the xenos... is what if the worst player on your team gets one of them?
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
More topics from this board...
I still play this gameLoopyJ258/29 12:24PM