IGN Colonial Marines 2 hour live stream today

#71BigLongDowner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:07:09 PM
It's a shame they didn't show the Crusher in action.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#72Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/2/2013 9:08:31 PM
BigLongDowner posted...
It's a shame they didn't show the Crusher in action.

We got to see some short action of the other one but.... he sort of died before he could fully use it. Crusher = tank, other one I forgot the name of = boomer that takes out a group of clustered marines.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#73BigLongDowner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:14:07 PM(edited)
The other is called the Boiler. They should of had the Gearbox guy play the mp modes, he could of showed how deadly the xenos really are.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#74some09guy IIPosted 2/2/2013 9:11:19 PM
The Devourer posted...
Did you see when the gearbox guy took over the alien? Wrecked them.

Yeah, this is exactly why I don't want people to freak and go on about balance changes this early. That one guy with one soldier alien almost took out five marines single-handed within seconds, and DID knock down four. They are really powerful, but people who want to play them like a hack 'n slash tank or something in a traditional shooter, like the other player was, are going to get creamed.
#75Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/2/2013 9:14:10 PM
BigLongDowner posted...
The other is called the Boiler.

Yurp.... forgot....

I wonder do the smart guns count as a powerup for the Marines?
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#76some09guy IIPosted 2/2/2013 9:16:48 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
BigLongDowner posted...

Yurp.... forgot....

Yes. That, the incinerator, and the rocket launcher are each powerups they can pick up.
#77Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/2/2013 9:27:31 PM
some09guy II posted...
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
BigLongDowner posted...

Yurp.... forgot....

Yes. That, the incinerator, and the rocket launcher are each powerups they can pick up.

Neat, heavy weapons for the humans, and powerup mutations for the xenos.... seems cool.

Anyone know if there was ever talk of some type of infection like gamemode where the infector starts off as a face hugger? Cause I think it would be rather neat... Maybe that is just me wanting to be able to play as the face hugger if need be.
---
#78The DevourerPosted 2/2/2013 9:44:02 PM
some09guy II posted...
The Devourer posted...
Did you see when the gearbox guy took over the alien? Wrecked them.

Yeah, this is exactly why I don't want people to freak and go on about balance changes this early. That one guy with one soldier alien almost took out five marines single-handed within seconds, and DID knock down four. They are really powerful, but people who want to play them like a hack 'n slash tank or something in a traditional shooter, like the other player was, are going to get creamed.

Yeah. Aliens were the same in the first avp only it literally took a few shots and they died. Deadly if they get the drop on you. They look the same on here only more so because they take more shots to die. People should never be so quick to judge balance and games honestly. Sadly people are rash and petty quite often.

The game mode looks like left 4 dead but aliens feel deadlier than the infected on l4d and seems harder to escape.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#79RycerXPosted 2/2/2013 9:46:54 PM
I'm curious as to what they were talking about in reference to the boiler when they said "something has happened to him". Maybe it's actually a regular xenomorph that's been mutated by nuclear fallout, that's the impression I got. I'm also wondering if the crusher's crest will just be highly resistant to damage or completely bulletproof like it said in the latest trailer, meaning you have to aim for its body and limbs.

I missed the last few minutes, but it didn't sound like escape mode would have bot support, which was a little disappointing. But in light of the season pass supposedly including DLC with new modes, I hope they take the opportunity to add new bot-based modes or bot support across all modes would be kick ass. I'm sure this game will have a strong enough fan following, but bots are always a good way to ensure that the game enjoys a long and healthy online lifespan.

Altogether it was an awesome stream, the game mostly spoke for itself.
#80FusionCPosted 2/2/2013 9:49:22 PM
RycerX posted...
I'm curious as to what they were talking about in reference to the boiler when they said "something has happened to him". Maybe it's actually a regular xenomorph that's been mutated by nuclear fallout, that's the impression I got. I'm also wondering if the crusher's crest will just be highly resistant to damage or completely bulletproof like it said in the latest trailer, meaning you have to aim for its body and limbs.

I missed the last few minutes, but it didn't sound like escape mode would have bot support, which was a little disappointing. But in light of the season pass supposedly including DLC with new modes, I hope they take the opportunity to add new bot-based modes or bot support across all modes would be kick ass. I'm sure this game will have a strong enough fan following, but bots are always a good way to ensure that the game enjoys a long and healthy online lifespan.

Altogether it was an awesome stream, the game mostly spoke for itself.

Since they were totally tight lipped on it tonight we have no way of knowing..but the rumor is that Survivor mode is going to be like escape mode with bots...but who knows. From what others said they avoided questions about this mode like the sodding plague.
---
For the Horde!!!!