IGN Colonial Marines 2 hour live stream today

#81DarkPassngerPosted 2/2/2013 9:57:47 PM
Quote:DarkPassnger posted...
Quote:some09guy II posted...
Looks like they made an error with the APC. In the film Hicks and Hudson state at different times it was destroyed in the dropship crash, but it' stands untouched in the game.

BINGO! That was one MAJOR flaw. And an obvious one at that. There was the lurker xeno at the very end that just sat there in the open and let the player kill it as well. Reminds me of that infamous clip of the old CM from 2000 lol
@Spartan0fCha0s8

If you're talking about the one outside the colony on the surface I was assuming it was a random one from one of the ships that just crashed that happened to not have much damage. I mean how did the survivors make it to the surface in one piece? That part is skipped since the loaded up the 4th chapter. So idk if that was the exact same APC.

I would have thought so as well, if the Gearbox guy hadn't said differently. Hell, there was even the flare beside it.

@some09guy II

I didn't catch that because I was listening to a friend that I was chatting with who was also watching it. Idk maybe he misspoke with all the stuff they were showing. I just find it hard to believe that after all the attention to detail they were gushing over that they'd make a big goof like that. Not a big deal though really if it is just that.

One thing that kind of annoyed me were some of the twitter questions were kind of lame. Like about the soundtrack for example. Why questions like how long on average the campaign is or what makes a hero weapon different from the regular weapon etc weren't discussed idk.

And was anyone else bothered when they were showing the first level that they kept talking over the game dialogue? I was thankful the guy playing turned on subtitles lol.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#82The DevourerPosted 2/2/2013 10:30:55 PM
I didn't mind them talking over it really. I didn't care so much about dialog so much as hearing about the game. This wasn't simply a game play video so q&a was good to have and I enjoyed it. Definitely getting the game.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#83BigLongDowner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:44:40 PM
I wonder what other types of Xenos are in the Campaign. I remember Gearbox mentioning something about it. It's confirmed that we won't see any Gorillamorphs. Lol
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#84RycerXPosted 2/2/2013 11:25:11 PM
I thought it would've been cool to see new species of xenomorph based on their host, but really what do they have to work with on a space colony besides pet dogs? Livestock maybe? Cows, pigs, goats? And even that wouldn't make sense given the lack of agriculture to feed the animals. They most likely have all their provisions freighted to them. You'd need something like W-Y experimenting with different hosts, then we can have our rhino and gorilla xenos, lol.
#85ReturnOfFrankPosted 2/3/2013 3:56:53 AM
From what the showed the single player looks quite good. I just hope that the hardest difficulty removes that annoying item highlight and objective marker. I remember when gamers had to use their initiative instead of following a trail of breadcrumbs like most modern games have you doing. I also hope that friendly marines can be friendly killed, not that I want to but it adds to the danger and realism of the game. I'm sure there were moments when the player shot another marine and it did absolutely nothing.

Fingers crossed that the hard mode will make it a more enjoyable experience for adult gamers that don't need their hands holding constantly.
#86RycerXPosted 2/3/2013 4:08:27 AM
They definitely mentioned something about friendly fire on ultimate badass mode. I'm hoping they give us a real challenge akin to expert realism from L4D2. No highlighted items, limited health and ammo, 2-3 hits and you're down. Maybe it won't have a HUD either.
#87CarpeCapricornPosted 2/3/2013 5:38:49 AM
Ultimate Badass has the following...

-no hud at all. You can only tell your ammo by looking at the counter on your gun. Motion tracker is much more crucial.
-no objective markers or help icons whatsoever. This includes pickups.
-friendly fire is turned on.
-xenos are much more deadly. Typically 2 hits equals death.
---
---
Beings that are born of dreams must return to them...
#88nuke2099Posted 2/3/2013 5:52:39 AM
RycerX posted...
I'm curious as to what they were talking about in reference to the boiler when they said "something has happened to him". Maybe it's actually a regular xenomorph that's been mutated by nuclear fallout, that's the impression I got. I'm also wondering if the crusher's crest will just be highly resistant to damage or completely bulletproof like it said in the latest trailer, meaning you have to aim for its body and limbs.

I missed the last few minutes, but it didn't sound like escape mode would have bot support, which was a little disappointing. But in light of the season pass supposedly including DLC with new modes, I hope they take the opportunity to add new bot-based modes or bot support across all modes would be kick ass. I'm sure this game will have a strong enough fan following, but bots are always a good way to ensure that the game enjoys a long and healthy online lifespan.

Altogether it was an awesome stream, the game mostly spoke for itself.

Or perhaps the Xenomorphs can adapt and evolve based on the situation (they are called mutations). If there was radiation the marines would be be effected and their not.....

These mutations remind me of 40k Tyranids (who are also insects) and their ability to rapidly evolve and adapt to their enemies. Might be random to bring up 40k but Tyranids are the nearest thing for me to explain this. Especially when Ravagers/Carriers are Praetorian mutations from molting to deal with certain situations.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#89RycerXPosted 2/3/2013 6:16:47 AM(edited)
nuke2099 posted...
Or perhaps the Xenomorphs can adapt and evolve based on the situation (they are called mutations). If there was radiation the marines would be be effected and their not.....

These mutations remind me of 40k Tyranids (who are also insects) and their ability to rapidly evolve and adapt to their enemies. Might be random to bring up 40k but Tyranids are the nearest thing for me to explain this. Especially when Ravagers/Carriers are Praetorian mutations from molting to deal with certain situations.

That was my logic behind the new crusher and spitter species, rapid evolution. But this boiler type looks highly unusual with the disproportionate growths all over its body. Maybe the marines haven't ventured close enough to the atmospheric processor to be exposed to dangerous levels of radiation.

I just think it's really weird looking, like a normal xeno with odd deformities, and if you fast forward about one hour and two minutes into the live stream, that dev they had on (his name has totally slipped my mind) says specfically "this is an interesting xeno, he's actually not new, something happened to him", and he says we'll get a better understanding of that as we play the game. I assume he's referring to single player.

Who knows, maybe W-Y is to blame and their experiments are the reason we have any of these new species to begin with.

CarpeCapricorn posted...

-no hud at all. You can only tell your ammo by looking at the counter on your gun. Motion tracker is much more crucial.

Groovy.
#90ReturnOfFrankPosted 2/3/2013 6:28:36 AM
CarpeCapricorn posted...

---

I'm happy with that if this is the case!!

Also do anyone reckon bella is going to chestburst??
More topics from this board...
I still play this gameLoopyJ47/21 5:13PM