IGN Colonial Marines 2 hour live stream today

#91nuke2099Posted 2/3/2013 7:55:23 AM
RycerX posted...
nuke2099 posted...
Or perhaps the Xenomorphs can adapt and evolve based on the situation (they are called mutations). If there was radiation the marines would be be effected and their not.....

These mutations remind me of 40k Tyranids (who are also insects) and their ability to rapidly evolve and adapt to their enemies. Might be random to bring up 40k but Tyranids are the nearest thing for me to explain this. Especially when Ravagers/Carriers are Praetorian mutations from molting to deal with certain situations.

That was my logic behind the new crusher and spitter species, rapid evolution. But this boiler type looks highly unusual with the disproportionate growths all over its body. Maybe the marines haven't ventured close enough to the atmospheric processor to be exposed to dangerous levels of radiation.

I just think it's really weird looking, like a normal xeno with odd deformities, and if you fast forward about one hour and two minutes into the live stream, that dev they had on (his name has totally slipped my mind) says specfically "this is an interesting xeno, he's actually not new, something happened to him", and he says we'll get a better understanding of that as we play the game. I assume he's referring to single player.

Who knows, maybe W-Y is to blame and their experiments are the reason we have any of these new species to begin with.

CarpeCapricorn posted...
Ultimate Badass has the following...

-no hud at all. You can only tell your ammo by looking at the counter on your gun. Motion tracker is much more crucial.
-no objective markers or help icons whatsoever. This includes pickups.
-friendly fire is turned on.
-xenos are much more deadly. Typically 2 hits equals death.

Groovy.

Its possible. The Killer Crab Xenomorph and the Cobra one were made from W-Y bioengineering. Hope that clears it up for people wondering how those hosts got facehugged.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#92RycerXPosted 2/3/2013 8:07:04 AM(edited)
ReturnOfFrank posted...
Also do anyone reckon bella is going to chestburst??

I sort of got the impression they let that slip on purpose and she won't die. Could be that she has it surgically removed or something. If she does die, well damn.. I guess we knew to expect spoilers watching this live stream.

But I do think it's cool to have one member of your squad that you know could have a xeno explode out of their chest at any moment.
#93ReturnOfFrankPosted 2/3/2013 8:18:13 AM
^I suppose the mission title 'for bella' which they did let slip very easily could be anything, doesn't actually mean she's going to die.
#94DolemiteXPPosted 2/3/2013 9:40:08 AM
Just watched some of the feed and looks like we'll be getting another average alien game.... I'll wait for the bargain bin I guess.
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#95Yayyy123Posted 2/3/2013 9:43:20 AM
DolemiteXP posted...
Just watched some of the feed and looks like we'll be getting another average alien game.... I'll wait for the bargain bin I guess.

You must have been watching a different video. It looked great.
---
Magical Mystery Tour is the most underrated Beatles album.
People that agree: 12
#96BigLongDowner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:51:00 AM
Average? Hardly. You must have your expectations set way too high. This game looks amazing and it's a great start on how traditional Alien games should be.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#97DarkPassngerPosted 2/3/2013 10:03:40 AM
Quote:Just watched some of the feed and looks like we'll be getting another average alien game.... I'll wait for the bargain bin I guess.
@DolemiteXP

Lol ok.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#98mrstriker815Posted 2/3/2013 10:10:08 AM
From watching the Stream it didn't wow me either. Looks like an okay game to play. Ima Redbox it n keep it for like 2 days maybe. Cause I gotta buy Metal Gear Rising and Rayman Legends! I'll prby buy the game whenever it gets cheap down the road.
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
#99mrstriker815Posted 2/3/2013 10:12:37 AM
And Fire Emblem :D!
---
XBL - Mr Striker09
#100JON4495Posted 2/3/2013 10:50:08 AM
CarpeCapricorn posted...
Ultimate Badass has the following...

-no hud at all. You can only tell your ammo by looking at the counter on your gun. Motion tracker is much more crucial.
-no objective markers or help icons whatsoever. This includes pickups.
-friendly fire is turned on.
-xenos are much more deadly. Typically 2 hits equals death.
---

That sounds awesome, can't wait to play this game on ultimate badass mode with the lights off and the sound up
---
Gamertag: BIONICxSHADOW