AvsP wasn't that bad...in fact it was awesome

#1steaknchipsPosted 2/2/2013 11:07:02 AM
the last game on the 360/PS3 i'm talking about.

What fan of either franchise could deny the game was incredibly good fun and could honestly say they didn't get a kick out of the campaign mode?

I still run through the Predator mission every now and then just because how cool it is to "be" the Predator. I'm just restarting the Alien campaign now cos i'm so looking forward to Colonial Marines...I think AvsP gets unfairly slated by a lot of people.
#2bhamacukPosted 2/2/2013 11:12:03 AM
Yeah, it was alright. The Marine campaign was the best though.

If Colonial Marines is anything similar in terms of fun and quality, then it'll be fine. But it looks to be even better so this might be the game we have all been hoping for!
#3Raddy8Posted 2/2/2013 11:51:55 AM
Yeah I don't get the apparent hate, I enjoyed the game all around. Not saying it was goty material or anything, but definitely a good game imo.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#4Spartan0fCha0s8Posted 2/2/2013 11:59:57 AM
Well sure if you're interested in an un-polished product, archaic shooter mechanics, horrendous A.I., spotty graphics and terrible voice acting, AVP 2010 WAS AMAZING! Not to mention that god awful story.

I enjoyed it, but it was a terrible game
---
I never sleep cuz sleep is the cousin of death
#5myothracntwsbndPosted 2/2/2013 12:43:34 PM
Spartan0fCha0s8 posted...
Well sure if you're interested in an un-polished product, archaic shooter mechanics, horrendous A.I., spotty graphics and terrible voice acting, AVP 2010 WAS AMAZING! Not to mention that god awful story.

If a game is enjoyable I wouldn't call it terrible.
---
Numbskull.
#6Hudson_RLPosted 2/2/2013 12:50:29 PM
i loved it. could see the flaws but i looked past them for what i got. huge fan of the movies and that was the first aliens game i could play on a big screen with surround sound. Loved the multiplayer also, even if it was archaic. You ended up just playing the same people over and over again. good fun.
---
YES! YES! YES!
#7Pfloydguy2Posted 2/2/2013 12:53:02 PM
It was far from terrible. I never understood all the hate either. I rank it just a notch or two below the first AvP on PC, which is a great game.
#8Spartan0fCha0s8Posted 2/2/2013 12:58:36 PM
myothracntwsbnd posted...

If a game is enjoyable I wouldn't call it terrible.

No, it can be a terrible game and still enjoyable. Have you ever seen a movie with acting so bad, special effects so horrible, a script that may as well not exist, that you enjoyed? Its the same principal. enjoyment =/= quality.

Quality isn't subjective, its objective. What is subjective is your view.

I'm not hating on the game, I'm really just stating the obvious. It wasn't good. It was garbage. But it had Aliens and Colonial Marines, so it was an enjoyable piece of trash
---
#9Spartan0fCha0s8Posted 2/2/2013 1:01:18 PM
Pfloydguy2 posted...
It was far from terrible. I never understood all the hate either. I rank it just a notch or two below the first AvP on PC, which is a great game.

the fact that it came out in 2010 and played like a game that came out in 1999 was one of the main reasons why it wasn't good. Rebellion could have benefitted from more development time. There was no crouch. No ADS. No balance in the MP LOL
---
#10The DevourerPosted 2/2/2013 2:09:13 PM
Pfloydguy2 posted...

the fact that it came out in 2010 and played like a game that came out in 1999 was one of the main reasons why it wasn't good. Rebellion could have benefitted from more development time. There was no crouch. No ADS. No balance in the MP LOL

Not every game needs ADS you know. If you have to have all that you can always play Call of Duty or something else that has it.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7