AvsP wasn't that bad...in fact it was awesome

#11some09guy IIPosted 2/2/2013 1:33:55 PM
It was alright. Had its moments, but very repetitive, very easy, and I wasn't much a fan of the focus on a melee combat system they had going. Story was also pretty awful and the level design really limited things.
#12Creeping_DarkPosted 2/2/2013 2:29:11 PM
Wasn't that bad, but wasn't that good either. It was serviceable, but the story was crap and the recycling of environments was just lazy. I was able to enjoy it still, enough to get most of the achievements (bar a couple of MP ones) but both Alien and Predator deserve better.
---
ely <3
#13DvoloS88Posted 2/2/2013 4:15:46 PM
My one big gripe about that game was the survival co op mode... Two small ass maps that were just boring. I can remember the avp a decade ago one of the survival maps was huge and you were outside at night in canyon lookin environment, there was a small base to run to that you could hold up in. The aliens would break through the cieling and doors, it was amazing!
#14Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/2/2013 5:08:51 PM
It wasn't a bad game but it did some things wrong... first was the campaign that seemed like it went rather quickly. Second were the insta-kills. Third was how trying to find ranked matches took forever. Lastly, fourth was a mix between the survivor mode lacking in maps and map size, and the lack of a class system for the various races.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#15Ice WeaselPosted 2/2/2013 5:39:35 PM
Spartan0fCha0s8 posted...
Well sure if you're interested in an un-polished product, archaic shooter mechanics, horrendous A.I., spotty graphics and terrible voice acting, AVP 2010 WAS AMAZING! Not to mention that god awful story.

I enjoyed it, but it was a terrible game

Pretty much this. It was a struggle to enjoy that game though. I don't care how big a Predator or Alien fan someone is - that was just bad software in almost every way.
#16CreepyEPosted 2/2/2013 5:46:29 PM
I bash Call of Duty even though I always borrow new ones when they come out from my friend and play through the campaign a couple times and enjoy it. That said I don't get why aim down sights get so much hate just because it's prominent in CoD and all it's clones. It's how you use a gun, it emulates the recoil better because it lurches your sight picture around, and honestly it's just one more element of control I have over my character. I always enjoy ADS and I'm sure even older games didn't incorporate it because of technical limitations before there were 3-D models of the characters/weapons. Is the majority opinion among this board negative toward ADS?
#17Mogga123_5Posted 2/2/2013 7:19:20 PM
Nowhere near the god tier status of AvP 2 which I still play from time to time.
---
The mast is broken, hull is splitting, dear God the ****in' ship is sinking
#18galmorzuPosted 2/2/2013 8:42:17 PM
Mogga123_5 posted...

Ditto. I played that game SO much back in the day, Still wish I could.

I loved the game mode where, as the alien, you respawn as the Facehugger and determine your class based on what player you're able to nab first with it. Then as a chestburster, you have to hide for a period of time before changing into an adult. It was a really pretty exciting game mode, I thought.

I can still remember the fun of Evacuation and some of those phenomenal maps. Especially the colony and some of the later ones, not to mention some amazing levels and mods people made.
---
"I dont want it to be FUN..... FUN often times ruins games" - IgnatiusLoyola (On RE4 - Gamefaqs)
#19Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/2/2013 8:48:42 PM
galmorzu posted...
Mogga123_5 posted...

Ditto. I played that game SO much back in the day, Still wish I could.

I loved the game mode where, as the alien, you respawn as the Facehugger and determine your class based on what player you're able to nab first with it. Then as a chestburster, you have to hide for a period of time before changing into an adult. It was a really pretty exciting game mode, I thought.

I can still remember the fun of Evacuation and some of those phenomenal maps. Especially the colony and some of the later ones, not to mention some amazing levels and mods people made.

I sort of wonder if they can add a infection like gamemode where the infectee starts off as a facehugger.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#20wEEman33_VIPosted 2/2/2013 9:30:53 PM
Nope, this game sucked balls to anyone who was familiar with the superior PC games.

AVP2 and AVP1 wipe the floor with AVP3's bloody carcass.
---
Nothing is not