The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

can anyone confirm campaign length?

#1PostalDudesHerePosted 2/9/2013 1:54:48 PM
since people are getting the game early and are playing it, I just wanted to know how long the campaign actually is. randy posted that it's around 8-10hrs but devs seem to always exaggerate the length of their games.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#2GateCaptainPosted 2/9/2013 2:05:32 PM
I bet its short. This aliens game seem to be going for a Mult-player game. OH well
#3Village IdiotPosted 2/9/2013 5:09:05 PM(edited)
5 hours

Generally you'd just take the hours that the devs say the game will last, then divide it by 2.

Exceptions are Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, and Dragon Age 1. Their listed estimated hours is actually accurate.

---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#4NightDrifter05Posted 2/9/2013 7:03:41 PM
Village Idiot posted...
5 hours

Generally you'd just take the hours that the devs say the game will last, then divide it by 2.

Exceptions are Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, and Dragon Age 1. Their listed estimated hours is actually accurate.

Definitely more then 5 hour's. It's only 5 hour's if you play on easy and rush through. But, with that being said it isn't that much longer. I'd say on a harder difficulty trying to complete everything you'll be looking at 8-10 hours depending on your skill level with the game.
#5Psycho_PoodlePosted 2/10/2013 2:01:30 AM
Village Idiot posted...

Those are some great games.
---
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing... after they've tried everything else."
-Winston Churchill
#6ReturnOfFrankPosted 2/10/2013 2:06:13 AM
Psycho_Poodle posted...
Village Idiot posted...

Planescape Torment still puts most post millenium games to shame.
#7Storm_risingPosted 2/10/2013 2:19:22 AM
I think it may be shorter, depends how fast you go through the levels.. I seen in the book that there is 9 campaign levels.. But the levels look pretty big! But from what was told in IGN's interview and demo, each level may be 10 to 15 minutes.. Id go with 20 to half an hour, at least your first play through.. so yeah, about 4 to 5 hours..
---
The pacific demon
#8GAVadePosted 2/10/2013 5:56:56 AM
ReturnOfFrank posted...
Psycho_Poodle posted...
Village Idiot posted...

Planescape Torment still puts most post millenium games to shame.

Most definitely, modern games have become far more linear in player choice and consequences................
---
http://gavade.deviantart.com/
#9specialkid8Posted 2/10/2013 8:04:53 AM
Village Idiot posted...
5 hours

I've never found this to be accurate unless the developers are just full of crap because they have a short, lackluster game.
#10ChargrilledPosted 2/10/2013 8:09:17 AM
6 to 7 hours is disappointing

Half life 2 is longer than that, and thats old
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
More topics from this board...
Trying to play ExterminationR1KM4N210/27 5:43AM