Gearbox denies primary involvement in development

#1Dark_Oblivion2Posted 2/12/2013 7:32:56 AM
www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-12-aliens-colonial-marines-primary-development-outsourced-to-section-8-developer-timegate-studios-report

Wow........
---
Even the most primitive society has an innate respect for the insane.
#2DolemiteXPPosted 2/12/2013 7:39:25 AM
ROFL... They don't want any parts of this fail haha
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#3ReturnOfFrankPosted 2/12/2013 7:41:56 AM
Even though they've been telling us it's the best thing since sliced bread for the last month or so.
#4_henry14_Posted 2/12/2013 7:44:04 AM
randy pitchford has eclipsed every other public speaking figure in the lying department. I used to like him too. It angers me to think all of those interviews were full of massive lies. Molyneaux has nothing on this guy
---
GAMERTAG:v ACE RIMMER v
#5faxmachnePosted 2/12/2013 7:49:57 AM
I am not bothered about the outsourcing

I am bothered about them lying about it. It smacks of jumping a sinking ship. The thing is they are still to blame for all the failings
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#6Robbie8912Posted 2/12/2013 7:55:07 AM
Well if they are indeed jumping ship, how do you explain how much better the Multiplayer is?
#7pothocketPosted 2/12/2013 7:56:04 AM
_henry14_ posted...
randy pitchford has eclipsed every other public speaking figure in the lying department. I used to like him too. It angers me to think all of those interviews were full of massive lies. Molyneaux has nothing on this guy

He's actually been completely upfront about the mutli-developer issues. Educate yourself:

Upon starting up the finished product, fans may notice that Gearbox’s logo isn’t the only one that appears.
“It’s a big, ambitious game,” Pitchford explained. “Some of the other studios involved, we decided that these guys are awesome. They did a lot of really valuable work. We’re not contractually obligated to put anybody’s credits there, but we value talent and respect talent. We wanted to make sure that those logos were there and that work was represented. In big efforts, that’s not an uncommon thing. You don’t usually see it up front.

Pitchford explained the contribution of each studio, noting that Demiurge (the studio behind Shoot Many Robots) was “with us at the very beginning, helping us to explore networking and multiplayer,” as well as assisting with Colonial Marines’ Wii U port. Houston-based TimeGate Studios, meanwhile, worked on “probably about 20 or 25 percent of the total time,” with Pitchford noting that “if you take preproduction out of it, their effort’s probably equivalent to ours. Now, it’s not fair to take preproduction out of it, but that says a lot about how much horsepower those guys put into it.”

Other contributions came from Nerve Software, who built multiplayer maps for the game. “We wanted some more multiplayer stuff, more content and more features for the game that we shipped rather than parceling it all out for downloadable content,” Pitchford explained. “We wanted to put more in the game that shipped. Nerve had some time and those guys are badass. They’re right down the street. That just made sense. They got some of their awesome guys to do some cool sh*t. Some of my favorite multiplayer maps came out of that group.”

“They’re good guys. They care,” Pitchford said of the studios that helped. “We know the mission. It’s about building the game. Let’s say you imagine the house you want to build. You have the blueprints, and you want to get someone that’s really awesome at making stairs to help make the stairs. You want to get someone that lays carpet like a mother**ker to come down and lay some carpet. These guys are hardcore. They have talent. If I was going to lay all that carpet myself and build the stairs myself and do all the countertops myself, that house would never get done.”

Here Pitchford pointed out just how much work goes into anything Gearbox puts out. “By the way, when I say ‘me,’ make no mistake. I’m speaking metaphorically. It’s a studio-wide effort. It’s a team effort. I’m one guy and I’m not even nearly the most significant when it comes to the imagining of the game and the execution of it. I’m the executive producer of the game and I’m the studio head and the owner of Gearbox. I’m the most accountable. It’s a team effort. Because I’m the one who talks to you, some people think ‘oh, Randy did it all.’ That’s total horse****. That is so wrong on so many levels. It’s actually kind of shameful. I always try to fight against that.”

---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8diablogamerPosted 2/12/2013 7:57:06 AM
Yeah Im really starting to dislike Randy Pitchford he takes being a lying bastard to new levels.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#9sonicteam2k1Posted 2/12/2013 8:00:13 AM
faxmachne posted...
I am not bothered about the outsourcing

I am bothered about them lying about it. It smacks of jumping a sinking ship. The thing is they are still to blame for all the failings

Well to be honest an ex employee came forward and said this, not gearbox. It seems like gearbox is taking responsibility.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#10kasbianPosted 2/12/2013 8:02:28 AM
outsourcing happens in most games these days.

Halo 4 even outsourced the armour models of the spartans in MP and the maps etc,

Still promoting this game so much, then embargoing, then keeping quiet at release is a low blow
---
Not changing till Manchester United win the Superbowl
Started 15/11/12