Why is the game getting such poor reviews?

#1Foxhound3857Posted 2/12/2013 3:10:25 PM
It was so hyped up, so anticipated by players and fans alike. What went so wrong with the game that everyone hates it?
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#2ExtraspectrePosted 2/12/2013 3:12:02 PM
Because it's a poor game.

Read the reviews.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 2/12/2013 3:12:37 PM
Everyone who was paying attention knew this wasn't going to be the game they hoped it would be.

I'm not gonna say it's bad, I haven't played yet, but I can still pretty much guarantee it's not the game it could have been.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4MGSPhantomPainPosted 2/12/2013 3:12:38 PM
Read the reviews?
#5Psycho_PoodlePosted 2/12/2013 3:18:05 PM
It is a s****y game that sucks ass
---
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing... after they've tried everything else."
-Winston Churchill
#6razzle170286Posted 2/12/2013 3:19:25 PM
Because graphics.
---
United Kingdom. The only country in the world were having children is a career.
#7RafedxPosted 2/12/2013 3:19:53 PM
Foxhound3857 posted...
It was so hyped up, so anticipated by players and fans alike. What went so wrong with the game that everyone hates it?

We were lied to, like Mass Effect 3 level lied to. Randy promised way to many things only to fall flat on all of them. Sure the attention to detail is there but they failed on everything else. I have been trying to find nice things to say about this, and I have wanted to get the game and love it, but I cannot.

It's a shame, I really wanted to pay full price for this game as I loved Borderlands. Sadly I will wait till this is in the bargain bin. I doubt I will even play it now, South park, Tomb Raider and MGR will be dropping very soon and I will be tied up with those games, once I am done the next slew of games will be on the way.

I am pretty disappointed with Randy and the gearbox team right now. I hyped this game up to a lot of people.

Angry Joe isn't liking his experience with this game either. He seems pretty pissed that he vouched for this game before release and for what? A bunch of lies.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/12/2013 3:21:58 PM
Mostly graphics, doesn't look pretty.
The gameplay is there, and the environments are sweet. But this game needed another good half a year of polish.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#9KrudmuffinsPosted 2/12/2013 3:34:01 PM(edited)
To be honest, I'm kind of suprised people were expecting anything at all from this game. The previews and trailers mostly dodged actual gameplay, and we knew incredibly few specifics.

Not to mention the game has gone through so many developers over a large number of years. I was expecting 3's and 4's, and that's what we're seeing.

As for 'why' its bad... according to most reviews, it just doesn't compare to the best the gaming industry has to offer, and it doesn't do justice to the Aliens franchise (which hasn't had a worthwhile game since like.... I dunno, one of those late 90's / early 00's AVP games maybe, which are all pretty outdated now).

Plus you can apparently beat entire levels by ignoring enemies (video spoilers I guess):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y5WwV9YoW_U

---
I dislike my username.
#10Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 4:12:47 PM
Still, nobody has explained what exactly the major flaws of the game are. What, EXACTLY, is wrong with the game? What EXACTLY are people complaining about in elaborate detail? The gameplay and graphics look fine to me acocrding to a couple of youtube playthroughs.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179