The Raven/Hudson (spoilers)

#21Guirec730Posted 2/17/2013 9:15:58 PM
OdinFear posted...
Guirec730 posted...
M4karov posted...
Yeah maybe he wasn't cocooned until after the explosion. Makes sense to me.

FYI, Makarov, I know you like the game and I'm not trolling you. Just debating some points. Anyway...

Pitchford says in the gameplay demo "If there was anyone left during that blast, they weren't going to survive" or something almost exactly like that. I just can't imagine how his body is intact at all.

Radiation would have been enough to kill anyone alive whether it be days or weeks (W-Y would be able to take steps to counter radiation). and thats long enough for a host to be facehugged (irradiated host + irradiated facehugger = ??) and then have a "Boiler"/"Crusher"/"Spitter" chestburster variation.

I'll accept that as a possibility (even though it's silly to assume that a creature that can survive in space with no ill effects would be so easily mutated, Marvel-style) but it still doesn't make sense that Hudson would have been cocooned in that spot instead of the Hive, and how did all of that super-radiation dissipate in 17 weeks? The whole site should have been Chernobyl for decades.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#22OdinFearPosted 2/17/2013 10:08:02 PM
Guirec730 posted...
I'll accept that as a possibility (even though it's silly to assume that a creature that can survive in space with no ill effects would be so easily mutated, Marvel-style) but it still doesn't make sense that Hudson would have been cocooned in that spot instead of the Hive, and how did all of that super-radiation dissipate in 17 weeks? The whole site should have been Chernobyl for decades.

this is all my theory, but, his location could be explainable by him being able to somehow escape (maybe the Queen drew the Warriors back to protect her) and him being incapacitated (by coccooning or injury) and then being facehugged afterwards.

the radiation affecting Xenos: they never needed to breath oxygen and only extreme heat affects them (at least in movie canon from what i remember). the freezing jets (or liquid nitrogen) in Ressurection simply hurt them and had no long lasting affect that were shown. they were on LV426 before it was Terraformed and they survived. but, they werent exposed to any form of extreme radiation exposure until Aliens. and that wasnt a slow trickle. that was an all at once blast.

as for the radiation being in A:CM, they dont say that there is no radiation. for all we know, its still bad there and only actual W-Y personnel have some sort of actual counter-measure (pills, injections or whatever). i mean, the scientist and W-Y forces are also wearing suits in every area they are located whether its where Xenos are being bred/harvested.

once again, these are just my theories going by everything but the final level and end cutscene. also, forgive any spelling errors. posting from my phone while drinking with friends.
---
RIP Khali (my 1st GFAQs account)
XBL GT - LUE Khali