POLL: should sega sue gearbox?

#1snkboiPosted 2/15/2013 12:58:27 AM
for the massive damage of aliens, fox, and the sega name? - Results (704 votes)
Yes
63.49% (447 votes)
No
36.51% (257 votes)
This poll is now closed.
---
i think it's nice
#2snkboi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:00:56 AM
here is a comparison video of what should have been aliens colonial marines and previewed to the world compared to the final product

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/aliens_colonial_marines_what_the_hell_happened_to_aliens_colonial_marines_2.html
---
i think it's nice
#3teehee23Posted 2/15/2013 1:03:00 AM
Sue them broke. Then take their cars and give the bus-passes.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#4Creeping_DarkPosted 2/15/2013 1:27:18 AM
I voted yes for the hell of it, but realistically I think the only party Gearbox has done damage to is Gearbox. Fox had done perfectly well destroying the franchise without needing a helping hand. Sega never had much of a reputation at stake - as a publisher they've put out a range games both good and bad. Gearbox had already earned some doubters with DNF, and now another mishap like this. Borderlands seems to be the only thing they're willing to put effort into. Anything else they do will be regarded with skepticism.
#5shawnmckPosted 2/15/2013 1:47:54 AM
^ Sega may not have much of a reputation, but they put up the money for this game.
If the game fails to sell (which it isn't going to), then its Sega's ass that loses a crap-ton of money.
You bet your ass they should sue gearbox.
Randy Pitchford lied out of his pie-hole and promised that they were going to do their best and make an awesome game...then turned around and handed the game over to TimeGate, who has a real crappy track-record.
Seriously gearbox, WTF ?
#6The DevourerPosted 2/15/2013 2:01:27 AM
Sega threatened legal action if Gearbox didn't put it out when they did... why the **** should they get to go at them when it was sorta their fault for pushing a game that wasn't ready to be released??
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#7simonbelmont2Posted 2/15/2013 2:19:39 AM
The Devourer posted...
Sega threatened legal action if Gearbox didn't put it out when they did... why the **** should they get to go at them when it was sorta their fault for pushing a game that wasn't ready to be released??

The rumor is that Sega gave gearbox years to release the game. Gearbox took on the project but neglected it to focus on games like borderlands instead. Then they outsourced a lot of the game to time gate studios. Sega have a right to be disappointed and when the game flops they will lose out. Gearbox had more than enough time to make a decent game but they didn't give a damn. Gearbox shouldn't of taken the project.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#8Village IdiotPosted 2/15/2013 2:21:58 AM
The Devourer posted...

Because Sega had given them extension after extension for years of which Gearbox did **** all since they were too busy working on Borderlands 2 to care.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#9Cobra_ViperPosted 2/15/2013 2:46:19 AM
I have never sold a new game in two days after buying it. I pre-ordered the collectors edition for $110. Honestly, I figured if anything it wouldn't be much worse than AVP (which I actually enjoyed). I did finish the entire campaign tho, and tried my best to enjoy the MP but this game just falls flat. I've never felt so ripped off on a new game in my 32 years, and I've talked crap on games I bought new and liked better. I kept the goodies but ditched the game itself for the meager $25 I could get from it while the getting was good. I'll likely never pre-order another game again.
---
Xbox GT: c0bra elite
#10CloudSFF7Posted 2/15/2013 2:47:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]