There is still hope for Aliens Colonial Marines!

#1abbeldydooPosted 2/15/2013 4:57:14 PM
they have been saying the Wii U version will be the best all along hence the reason for not having a release date for that system despite the other consoles having one.

That showcase demo was not fabricated at all like everyone keeps thinking.Its actually just what the Wii U version will look like.So,after we all shake off the disappointment of this we can get the Wii U and play the real version.Here is a teaser for the Wii U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZHA58-_2Eg
---
Don't mod me bro!
#2CruorComaPosted 2/15/2013 5:15:34 PM
So the Wii U version is going to, for no reason at all, randomly be a better version than the PC version?
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#3some09guy IIPosted 2/15/2013 5:20:51 PM
CruorComa posted...
So the Wii U version is going to, for no reason at all, randomly be a better version than the PC version?

Basically this. This is a false hope.
#4shawnmckPosted 2/15/2013 5:27:19 PM(edited)
Rumors are running rampant that the Wii-U version has been canceled.
Some stores have even pulled it from their site, such as Amazon.
Of the sites that do still have it, they no longer have a due date or list the release date as 12/31/13.

Its highly likely (but not confirmed) that the Wii-U version is cancelled.

And don't get me wrong...I was looking forward to the Wii-U version, as I have a Wii-U and wanted to use the touch-pad controller.

However, if Gearbox fixes all the issues that plagued the other console versions and actually improves the quality of the game for the Wii-U version, then I will buy it day-1.
But given gearbox's track-record, I remain pessimistic.
#5MalifacentXPosted 2/15/2013 5:28:58 PM
Sega has already confirmed the title is NOT cancelled, but claims that it will look like the demo are just ludacrous. It will look, AT BEST, on par with the PC.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
You are a lightbulb assassin.
~Tmac2035 on "Splinter Cell"
#6shawnmckPosted 2/15/2013 5:32:35 PM(edited)
I personally don't care if the game looks the same...I just want them to fix the dumb as hell enemy a.i., and make the aliens act like the aliens from the movie and the demo that they showed last year.
All they do is jump down from the ceiling and walk towards you.
That is just pathetic.

But I do expect them to fix some of the issues with the textures.
Some areas look like N64 quality with blurred textures.
Other than that, the graphics can remain the same for all I care.
#7abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:41:22 PM
CruorComa posted...

There is reason.The game was developed primarily for that system using its technology.the showcase demo everyone is saying was a false representation of the game is actually just the game running on the Wii U.

they built two versions.one version being universal that could easily be ported between the PS/360 and of course the PC.Version 2 has been in development for the Wii U and is what was shown as the showcase demo from before.

The reason between making the two versions is secret and i can not tell anyone in public.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#8MalifacentXPosted 2/15/2013 6:00:25 PM
That might be the worst fabrication I've heard yet.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
You are a lightbulb assassin.
~Tmac2035 on "Splinter Cell"
#9abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:01:33 PM
MalifacentX posted...
That might be the worst fabrication I've heard yet.

It can't be.
---
Don't mod me bro!
#10some09guy IIPosted 2/15/2013 6:01:57 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
CruorComa posted...

There is reason.The game was developed primarily for that system using its technology.the showcase demo everyone is saying was a false representation of the game is actually just the game running on the Wii U.

they built two versions.one version being universal that could easily be ported between the PS/360 and of course the PC.Version 2 has been in development for the Wii U and is what was shown as the showcase demo from before.

The reason between making the two versions is secret and i can not tell anyone in public.

And the delusional award of the year goes to...