It does kind of make Alien 3 better *spoilers*

#1M4karovPosted 2/16/2013 2:00:47 AM
We know Hicks is alive, Ripley thinking he's dead is still tragic.

But more importantly the synthetic Weyland that tries to convince Ripley to come along ends up getting a bullet in the head courtesy of Hicks. That's kind of cool.

It kind of takes a just a little of the depressing edge off the story that makes Alien 3 feel like a punch to the gut, especially if you were a fan of the uplifting ending to Aliens.
#2KurtHecticPosted 2/16/2013 2:05:40 AM
M4karov posted...

But more importantly the synthetic Weyland that tries to convince Ripley to come along ends up getting a bullet in the head courtesy of Hicks. That's kind of cool.

It kind of takes a just a little of the depressing edge off the story that makes Alien 3 feel like a punch to the gut, especially if you were a fan of the uplifting ending to Aliens.

It also fills in the plotholes in Alien 3: how the eggs got on board the Sulaco, and how WY was able to travel to Fury 161 so quickly when they received the message that Ripley had a queen chestburster inside her. I did feel as though the beginning of Alien 3 was an insult to "Aliens"; hell even James Cameron himself said it felt like a slap in the face watching Hicks, Newt and Bishop get killed off within the first 5 minutes by means which makes no sense.

Introducing the company into the Sulaco/Egg conspiracy, along with Hicks' survival opens the doors for other possibilities and does indeed ease the tension(s) of Alien 3.
#3chancevancePosted 2/16/2013 2:35:53 AM
M4karov posted...

I feel the need to point out that the Weyland synthetic at the end of this game is different to the Michael Bishop that pops up at the end of Alien 3 who is human.
---
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/canadiandestroyerani.gif
"As lightless oblivion devours you, drown in the ever-blooming darkness"
#4CruorComaPosted 2/16/2013 2:37:15 AM
Frankly, I already really enjoyed the directors cut of Alien 3.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#5M4karov(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:58:38 AM
chancevance posted...

I feel the need to point out that the Weyland synthetic at the end of this game is different to the Michael Bishop that pops up at the end of Alien 3 who is human.

Not sure I agree with that there's no clear answer to whether he's human, especially in the Theatrical cut which mostly removes the ear hacking scene. Lance henriksen also believed he was playing an android
#6some09guy IIPosted 2/16/2013 8:01:33 AM
M4karov posted...
chancevance posted...

Not sure I agree with that there's no clear answer to whether he's human, especially in the Theatrical cut which mostly removes the ear hacking scene. Lance henriksen also believed he was playing an android

In whatever case, the Bishop at the end of Alien 3 bled red.

Which makes sense, really. The only way the plot hole truly is fixed is if there are two company ships; one which intercepts the Sulaco and one which picks up eggs from LV-426 then brings them back. After Alien 3 then the other ship would return to LV-426 with the Sulaco and a proxy for Michael Weyland while the real Michael returns home to get his head fixed.
#7sinyxPosted 2/16/2013 8:34:25 AM
The easy answer, and most accepted, was that WY was always close. Once the planet blew they very well could have flew over to Fury 161, boarded the Sulaco, planted the egg, and ejected the cryo tubes.

On a separate note, it never made sense the Queen planted that egg. It was hiding in the landing gear the whole time, when was it able to sneak off carrying an egg into the cryo chamber and then sneak back out to the drop ship again? Also how did WY know about the Xeno when the prisoners didn't?

The game's story is patchy, but it does make those events seem more plausible. Alien 3 disappointed me way worse than this, such is the bane of Aliens fans.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx
#8son_of_jorelPosted 2/16/2013 9:15:39 AM
CruorComa posted...
Frankly, I already really enjoyed the directors cut of Alien 3.

Absolutely this.
---
I've been chugging cows blood - worked for Dracula, he's fast as crap!
#9Meme_BoringtonPosted 2/16/2013 9:43:53 AM
There's nothing wrong with Alien 3.. Good movie in it's own right.
#10some09guy IIPosted 2/16/2013 9:45:20 AM
Meme_Borington posted...
There's nothing wrong with Alien 3.. Good movie in it's own right.

There is a s*** ton wrong with Alien 3. That movie is objectively mediocre at the very best, and I'm not even talking about the opening credits.