How many people saw Aliens before they saw Alien?

#1M4karovPosted 2/17/2013 12:15:15 AM
I know I did. The scene where Bishop gets ripped in half has been burned into my head since my childhood. I never saw the original until almost a decade later. How about you guys?
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 2/17/2013 12:18:50 AM
I think I saw Aliens in the theater, so I probably saw that first.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3metroidfreakv4Posted 2/17/2013 12:21:40 AM
I saw a bit of it with my dad when I was 7. And I was pretty.. I wouldn't say smart cause I'm not full of myself, but I was able to have a grown up conversation and he was explaining to me how big this movie was and we were having a deep conversation about the affect on movies and the different aliens in it and bishop. I asked him if there's a first. When he said yes I told him lets watch that first. We went out and rented it from blockbuster on video tape. Watched that, aliens, and alien three all back to back (resurrection wasn't out yet). Was one of my favorite child hood memories.
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Father.....is this over?....
Father:no my son....the raid resets next week.. Who noticed I fixed the Typos? only took 4 years :)
#4RycerXPosted 2/17/2013 12:25:29 AM
Aliens was the first one I saw from beginning to end, but I'd seen bits and pieces of Alien when my parents were watching it on betamax. Including the scene where Kane is chestbursted, which kinda screwed me up, I think. Definitely one of those scenes in film history that you shouldn't see at that age.
#5metroidfreakv4Posted 2/17/2013 12:31:36 AM
RycerX posted...
Aliens was the first one I saw from beginning to end, but I'd seen bits and pieces of Alien when my parents were watching it on betamax. Including the scene where Kane is chestbursted, which kinda screwed me up, I think. Definitely one of those scenes in film history that you shouldn't see at that age.

Haha. It's funny, my dad let me watch movies like that (hell, provoked it by making me watch terminator movies when I was 2-3), and I think now that I have such a high tolerance of it none of it phases me. Only deep psycholical movies get me. Like silence of the lambs? So nerve racking to see a lunatic to me. Or the grudge. Suspenseful. The grudge has scarred me for life though. I have been afraid of random things in my life because of that movie. I think because at the time I lived in my step moms house, I was always neglected out of the 8 kids, and would have to sit in a room with nothing in it by myself for days and days (didnt even have lights). So I think having seen that movie made me afraid of the darkness for awhile, along with isolation. I had a rough child hood around that period of time, so I guess the grudge fear is a lot more than just an entity, it's a feeling.

Psychology classes making me analyse my life. Haha
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Father.....is this over?....
Father:no my son....the raid resets next week.. Who noticed I fixed the Typos? only took 4 years :)
#6RycerXPosted 2/17/2013 12:51:12 AM
I must have been about 5 because I had just started kindergarten. I don't think they wanted to keep me from seeing it, otherwise they would've closed the door to the den. But I'd stop playing with green army men or whatever I was doing and watch from the other room for a couple of minutes.

Then there was that scene from The Guyver where Mark Hamill turns into some kind of alien centipede thing. To this day, I still find 80s/90s special effects to be the most creepy and disturbing.
#7vigorm0rtisPosted 2/17/2013 12:56:02 AM
RycerX posted...

Then there was that scene from The Guyver where Mark Hamill turns into some kind of alien centipede thing. To this day, I still find 80s/90s special effects to be the most creepy and disturbing.

There's a reason the best FX artists always preferred practical effects. It's too bad Rick Baker is too busy making fat suits now to make monsters.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#8Runner_stylePosted 2/17/2013 3:01:42 AM
For me Alien was extremely hard to come by. I saw Aliens when I was around 4 years old, Alien 3 when I was 6 (a year after it came out) and Alien when I was around 12 when I finally came across it when a friend lent it to me.
---
Some idiots on GFaqs need to learn the difference between trolling, and a different opinion. If you're offended by this sig, you're one of those idiots.
#9Meme_BoringtonPosted 2/17/2013 3:05:02 AM
I forget. Probably Aliens.
#10magemaximusPosted 2/17/2013 3:10:56 AM(edited)
i saw aliens resurrection in theaters. first alien movie i saw.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~