Post your builds!

#11RONIN_Y0JIMBO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 11:35:19 AM
I have to change my favorite marine. Just the primary weapon though.

Pulse Rifle: Grenade Launcher, Suppressor, Reflex Sight, Magazine Accelerator

So good.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#12roadkill888Posted 2/18/2013 12:15:29 PM
Xeno soldier:
Flurry
Whirlwind
Adrenaline
Hollow
Rage
Constricted (I've actually choked a marine right in front of another marine and the one being choked blocked his bullets)

Xeno Spitter:
Acid spray
Flurry
Adrenaline
Hollow
Rupture
Mouth to mouth

Xeno Lurker:
Flurry
Enraged pounce (I may switch to shockwave but I need to test it more)
Escape (The ceiling is your best friend)
Hollow
Ghost
Palate jack

Most used marine:
Battle rifle, proxy mines, long barrel, target finder scope and regular firing mode
Pump shotgun, timed bombs, long barrel, laser sight and stronger rounds
Service pistol, silencer, laser sight and regular firing mode (at least it looks badass)
Claymore
Lightweight armor
Boxer (them beatdown kills)
---
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain. It's time to toss the dice.
GT:yan templer
#13bearinbluehousePosted 2/18/2013 12:26:30 PM
RONIN_Y0JIMBO posted...

So good.

The only reason I unlocked any suppressors has been for challenges - I'm curious, what use does it serve beyond reducing firepower? I mean, Xenos can see you through walls anyway...
---
Is that fear in your voice, Barbara?
#14RONIN_Y0JIMBO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:37:41 PM
bearinbluehouse posted...
RONIN_Y0JIMBO posted...

So good.

The only reason I unlocked any suppressors has been for challenges - I'm curious, what use does it serve beyond reducing firepower? I mean, Xenos can see you through walls anyway...

Reduces muzzle flare so you can go full auto and see what you're doing.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Is that cynicism? On the internet? Grow up, I have no time for your elitist attitude. Come back when you can be useful.
#15bearinbluehousePosted 2/18/2013 12:55:44 PM
RONIN_Y0JIMBO posted...

So good.

Reduces muzzle flare so you can go full auto and see what you're doing.

Ah, ok - interesting. Thanks for the response! I have some surplus marine unlocks, so maybe I'll try it out sometime. Not sure for me it'll be worth the trade off in firepower but I'll give it a whirl :)
---
#16bearinbluehousePosted 2/18/2013 1:35:39 PM
Hmmm....sorry for double post, but I just tested the suppressor in campaign (so that I could make quick loadout changes for best comparison) and the muzzle flash from the pulse rifle is tiny! If you ADS, it barely even creeps into your sights at all and even hipfiring it's impact is negligible

Taking the suppressor means losing out on firepower and the high cap mag - if it works for you, then more power to you marine! I'll be sure to pick your ass up off the floor if I see you drop, haha ;)
---
#17nuke2099Posted 2/18/2013 2:44:05 PM
Robbie8912 posted...
That adrenaline or rage thing works well for the Lurker. You best bet is to crawl up a wall near a marine, then aim a binge beacon and wait for them to walk across it. Very effective because most people don't play from the ceiling. Not when I've played.

That's because climbing in this game is horrible. If it didn't reverse the controls and there were more dark areas to hide I would do it more but often I am sited even when waiting in ambush and not moving and then instant killed.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#18RONIN_Y0JIMBO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 5:56:33 PM
Hmmm....sorry for double post, but I just tested the suppressor in campaign (so that I could make quick loadout changes for best comparison) and the muzzle flash from the pulse rifle is tiny! If you ADS, it barely even creeps into your sights at all and even hipfiring it's impact is negligible

Taking the suppressor means losing out on firepower and the high cap mag - if it works for you, then more power to you marine! I'll be sure to pick your ass up off the floor if I see you drop, haha ;)

Since doing that I've gone from about a 1.2 KDR to about a 2.5. Different things for different people I suppose.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
#19bearinbluehousePosted 2/18/2013 6:03:17 PM
RONIN_Y0JIMBO posted...

Since doing that I've gone from about a 1.2 KDR to about a 2.5. Different things for different people I suppose.

Absolutely - it's all about finding a setup that works for you, in all games :D
---
More topics from this board...
I still play this gameLoopyJ258/29 12:24PM