wow. that story sure sucked.

#1elbarto1Posted 2/17/2013 3:27:00 PM
Beat the campaign last night. What a joke. Not even close to the original in terms of plot/writing/ acting/sense. It treats the viewer/player like a fool. I enjoyed some sections gameplay wise and it was fun to revisit some areas from the film but as a "sequel" its a big turd.

Multi is still a blast IMO. Looking forward to bug hunt dlc.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 3:29:16 PM
Oh, you mean a video game didn't have a story of the same quality as a renown legendary, timeless film?

Huh.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3Red04Posted 2/17/2013 3:30:51 PM
Was it better than prometheus?
---
"Which witch switched the Swatch watch?"
#4elbarto1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:34:09 PM
No the story wasn't even coherent. It was very "wtf?" Throughout. I had hoped for at least a well written story since its canon. Instead it was full of holes, unexplained major events and characters that were cardboard cutouts. Felt lazy. Events served gameplay only not the story.

Licences games can tell great stories. See batman and riddick.
---
#5samantha_sneezPosted 2/17/2013 3:37:28 PM
Um... so was it ever explained how Hadley's Hope and the surrounding area was somehow not effected by the nuclear blast of the exploding atmosphere processor?
---
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until A-Rod treats me to a nice lobster dinner.
#6elbarto1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:39:32 PM
No explanation for anything that significantly breaks aliens story.
---
#7diablogamerPosted 2/17/2013 3:42:57 PM
Yeah very disappointing especially since its considered canon now. Since games are own the same level,if not higher, as movies as far as storytelling is concerned I really had high hopes for this.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#8Creeping_DarkPosted 2/17/2013 3:55:35 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Oh, you mean a video game didn't have a story of the same quality as a renown legendary, timeless film?

Huh.

It barely had a story, just a bunch of excuses for why we're fighting Aliens in the movie's locations. If they hadn't talked about this being a canon entry, it would have been fine - I'd had just taken this game as an excuse to shoot Aliens in familiar environments. Instead I was prepared for story that would add something relevant to series. After the existence of this game, what's changed? The fate of one character? I don't see future movies doing anything with that. The story for this game might as well be ignored.
#9M4karovPosted 2/17/2013 4:16:02 PM
The story is really just a way to get you to visit all these cool locations, with a dash of added story, like what happened to Hudson. I'm okay with that.
#10elbarto1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:21:44 PM
Its the fact that it was billed as a true sequel that is considered canon that makes it a bummer. Its a cheap cash in like most failed licenced games. The "story" hurts the franchise more than helps.
---