wow. that story sure sucked.

#21Carte360Posted 2/17/2013 5:02:04 PM
diablogamer posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
elbarto1 posted...
Its the fact that it was billed as a true sequel that is considered canon that makes it a bummer. Its a cheap cash in like most failed licenced games. The "story" hurts the franchise more than helps.

Uh, no. This game is a disappointment, yes. But not a cash in. They really did want this game out there, they obviously cared a great deal about the game considering how long they tried to get it out.

Get your facts straight you think they worked on this for the entire six years ? Of course they didnt this is a " cash in" in every sense of the term.

You have no idea what 'cash in' even means.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#22SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 5:03:40 PM
diablogamer posted...
This game looks like it hasnt spent six weeks in development let alone six years. Of course sega knew the state of the game thats why they kept giving gearbox more and more time and gearbox just keep putting it off to work on there own projects aka borderlands. This game wouldnt have seen the light of day if sega had not threatned gearbox with a lawsuit.

Well, call me when your 14th birthday happens, maybe then, you'll understand a thing or two about law and game development.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#23diablogamerPosted 2/17/2013 5:22:04 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
diablogamer posted...
This game looks like it hasnt spent six weeks in development let alone six years. Of course sega knew the state of the game thats why they kept giving gearbox more and more time and gearbox just keep putting it off to work on there own projects aka borderlands. This game wouldnt have seen the light of day if sega had not threatned gearbox with a lawsuit.

Well, call me when your 14th birthday happens, maybe then, you'll understand a thing or two about law and game development.

Another lame comeback lol. To the other genius please enlighten as to what you consider a cash grab to be.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#24elbarto1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:26:48 PM
I consider a cash grab to be hyping up a demographic to buy a product that is inferior to what was advertised. Using brand awareness to sell junk. Saying "it will be x, y and z" and underdelivering on almost all fronts.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#25Erupt50Posted 2/17/2013 5:26:52 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
diablogamer posted...

I'm starting to think you work for gearbox or something. Why do you show up in every single thread desperately defending this game to no end? What's in it for you?
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#26SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 5:52:42 PM
I'm not even defending the game. It's when users run around pretending lawyer like they have this whole situation figured out...I just find it necessary to be the voice of reason.

None of us do. Not even the real lawyers.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#27diablogamerPosted 2/17/2013 7:14:20 PM
I wasnt pretending to lawyer I was refering to a story that broke shortly after launch in winch someone claiming to be a dev posted on reddit describing how horrible the dev process was and close to taken legal action sega was. Here you can read the story yourself I dont know if he/she is being honest but it sounds plausible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18ewf4/a_lot_of_you_are_rightfully_upset_at_the_final/
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#28SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 7:19:59 PM
diablogamer posted...
I wasnt pretending to lawyer I was refering to a story that broke shortly after launch in winch someone claiming to be a dev posted on reddit describing how horrible the dev process was and close to taken legal action sega was. Here you can read the story yourself I dont know if he/she is being honest but it sounds plausible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18ewf4/a_lot_of_you_are_rightfully_upset_at_the_final/

An article on reddit is about as credible as a 5 year old's report on how boys are smarter than girls.
---
#29DoukouPosted 2/17/2013 7:41:58 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
diablogamer posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
elbarto1 posted...
Its the fact that it was billed as a true sequel that is considered canon that makes it a bummer. Its a cheap cash in like most failed licenced games. The "story" hurts the franchise more than helps.

Uh, no. This game is a disappointment, yes. But not a cash in. They really did want this game out there, they obviously cared a great deal about the game considering how long they tried to get it out.

Get your facts straight you think they worked on this for the entire six years ? Of course they didnt this is a " cash in" in every sense of the term.

Where are your facts? Got surveillance of all the devs for the past 6 years?
We have no idea. Point of my statement is:
A good 90% of products that are stuck in long development periods come out weak.

The fact that they cared enough to keep this game's release a reality shows that they care. The Aliens franchise is far past it's prime, if this WAS a cash grab they would have released it much closer to Prometheus' release. But they didn't.

It only got released because Sega would have sued them.
---
Don't read this sig.
More topics from this board...
I still play this gameLoopyJ258/29 12:24PM