Cheap Tactics in Multiplayer

#11BigJohnWV04Posted 2/17/2013 7:13:29 PM
Guirec730 posted...
Infection was GREAT.

I also liked Predator Hunt.

Oh man, Predator Hunt was fun but if you were facing a good player you were in for a fight. Sad that Rebellion and Atari abandoned that game, the MP had so much potential. I remember the fun times cloaked as a Predator and messing with people playing as marines. Course at the same time the Predator was the most OP thing in that game, toss a disc down a crowded hall and watch the kills rack up.
---
"How dare you say that to my face!"
"Well I'd say it behind your back but my car only has half a tank of gas!"
#12Guirec730Posted 2/17/2013 7:22:11 PM
They eventually nerfed the disc to be a two-hit kill kill, but yeah, Predators were sick. I always felt like they should have been limited to teams of three, because canonically, they SHOULD have been that OP.

My very first game of Infection was in Pyramid. I was just wandering around and all of a sudden everyone else was dead and it said I was the last man standing. I found a corner, whipped out the shotty, and watched the clock nervously. Even with my icon, no Alien players knew how to reach me (since the game had only been out an hour). The Aliens reached me just as the timer went off. I had zero shots fired, and my favorite achievement pop in a good long while.

So sweet. I never won another match of it, but it was always fun.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#13Smackdowner1Posted 2/17/2013 7:28:24 PM
Rupture is the new Boltshot
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#14BigJohnWV04Posted 2/17/2013 8:26:57 PM
Guirec730 posted...

My very first game of Infection was in Pyramid. I was just wandering around and all of a sudden everyone else was dead and it said I was the last man standing. I found a corner, whipped out the shotty, and watched the clock nervously. Even with my icon, no Alien players knew how to reach me (since the game had only been out an hour). The Aliens reached me just as the timer went off. I had zero shots fired, and my favorite achievement pop in a good long while.

So sweet. I never won another match of it, but it was always fun.

The first time I played on that map I was on a good team and the poor guy as the Xeno couldn't get to any of us without being torn apart. We were at the top against the back and everyone was watching out. You could tell he was out there but could never see him, I kept getting hits on the motion tracker and edged my way slowly to the edge of the pyramid and looked down.....*BAP* got me. Scared the crap out of me. After that me and him worked together, I would run near the marines and hiss at them, get their attention and as soon as they looked at me he would infect one of them. They would kill him but I would get one of them as well, after that they fell apart and scattered everywhere. Was very fun.

Though my favorite match ever on AvP was during the demo, for some reason the networking screwed up and had everyone as Xenos except one guy as a marine. Well no on really noticed at first until he started ripping us apart when we attacked each other, quickly it grew into a mismatched deathmatch but he would get into a corner and blast away at us.

Towards the end of the match we still couldn't get him and we wanted to kill him before it ended, he was holed up in one of the dead end tunnels where the was only one way in. Everyone but me got up on the ceiling and we destroyed all the lights as I slowly crawl towards the entrance, running around as he wasted ammo and made a last ditch effort to lunge at him and got killed in the process. During the death screen I could see everyone else just swarm him and tear him apart as the match ended.
---
"How dare you say that to my face!"
"Well I'd say it behind your back but my car only has half a tank of gas!"