I've noticed the xenos lose more than the humans pretty frequently.

#1ZephyrSSXPosted 2/18/2013 12:05:56 PM
You can say it's because I keep getting paired up with bad teammates but it just seems like they're not balanced very well. It's really noticeable in the escape mode. You'd think that them getting clustered up by doors would mean the humans are vulnerable to a pack attack but their shotguns and firebombs are just ridiculous. It only takes like 2 shots to kill a xeno with the pump action and the thing holds 8 rounds and has some ridiculous range. When each marine has one, what's the point of even trying?

It's like the only balanced mode in MP is extermination and that gets extremely boring.
---
King is the greatest fighting game character of all time.
#2Sirius345Posted 2/18/2013 12:08:06 PM
Was even worse in AvP2. Marines were so blatantly top tier in that game it almost wasn't fair. So many overkill weapons.
#3Apl_JPosted 2/18/2013 12:09:49 PM(edited)
Don't play by yourself. Before I got this game, my brother won/loss evenly.

Now that I have it and we cooperate, we literally haven't lost a game yet of any game mode.
#4AmonSaulotPosted 2/18/2013 12:31:58 PM
It's also far easier to level up marines from what I've seen, given that there's no alien campaign, not to mention marines are more intuitive to play for FPS players.
#5invidoverlordPosted 2/18/2013 12:37:17 PM
just wait till you get a team full of suicide explosion xenos.......
---
I like Robotech and Cookies
#6Moose_Of_WoePosted 2/18/2013 1:04:07 PM
Sirius345 posted...
Was even worse in AvP2. Marines were so blatantly top tier in that game it almost wasn't fair. So many overkill weapons.

Better than PREDATORS?

It seems fairly unanimous that the Xenos are the universal beeyotch in AvP games. I can see a case being made for Marines being very good - they're certainly better than the Xenos.

Those Preds, though?" SCHTOP SCHTOP SCHTOP SCHTOP SCHTOP" goes the shoulder cannon every millisecond being spammed everywhere. If it's not that it's the damned disc.
#7nuke2099Posted 2/18/2013 1:34:03 PM
Most of the wins or losses have to do with which side has the highest ping. So if you are losing by a lot and the other team has a higher ping you can bet its because of that. Not always but most of the time.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#8jdw1005Posted 2/18/2013 1:55:42 PM
Nah not now that people use heavy Chitin and warriors. they just sponge everything! 3 pointblank shots don't even work anymore with a tactical shotgun
---
Get Sonic and Sega Racing people. It's a great game for all Sega Vets. - Nexuskeyblade add if you play
#9ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:57:53 PM
nuke2099 posted...
Most of the wins or losses have to do with which side has the highest ping. So if you are losing by a lot and the other team has a higher ping you can bet its because of that. Not always but most of the time.

I've noticed the host always does well but I really haven't seen much noticeable lag at all. The game either seems to run really smooth or it completely craps out. No inbetween that will really change gameplay.
---
King is the greatest fighting game character of all time.
#10Panic_at_discoPosted 2/18/2013 2:40:42 PM
invidoverlord posted...
just wait till you get a team full of suicide explosion xenos.......

been there,done that. cannot mess with a group of angry marines.