EGM's Official Statement Regarding The Aliens Review

#1pkreynolds13131Posted 2/26/2013 12:06:20 PM
If you haven't seen this yet, it's worth a read:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/xbox_360/letter-from-the-publisher-who-watches-the-watchmen/

Take from it what you will, I suppose. For me, the relevant beat are: "EGM stands by it's reviewers and I will always be supportive of them. Nothing shady was involved in Brandon's review. Also, Brandon is no longer with EGM."

Hmm.
#2M4karovPosted 2/26/2013 12:20:49 PM
Let me begin by stating that I find it more than slightly ironic that many (if not most) of the critics who have questioned the veracity of Brandonís opinions are doing so by passing erroneous speculation off as fact themselves

Exactly. People are such dumbasses when it comes to reviews that disagree with their own opinion.
#3evilmark443Posted 2/26/2013 12:42:20 PM
Funny thing is, I WOULD rate A:CM ahead of Halo 4, and I'm as much a Halo fan as I am Aliens. Sure A:CM has its issues but the bottom line is I enjoyed it more and wasn't nearly as disappointed with it as I was with Halo 4. They removed dual wielding, lots of weapons, replaced the flood with a boring and unimaginative covenant clone, and brought the covenant back as enemies with absolutely no explanation for the renewed hostilities. Are they a splinter group? Is it a new war against the main covenant fleet? The closest we get to an answer is cortana's speculation early on, which she recants almost right away. I played through Halo 4 constantly hoping it would get better, I thoroughly enjoyed A:CM from the beginning, with minor annoyances here and there.
#4Duken13Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:29 PM
pkreynolds13131 posted...
Also, Brandon is no longer with EGM."

Hmm.

I guess Justice... got served.
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/26/2013 12:58:42 PM
Duken13 posted...

Hmm.

What in the hell are you talking about, "justice"?
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6evilmark443Posted 2/26/2013 1:00:14 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Duken13 posted...

Hmm.

He was referencing his last name ... Brandon Justice ...

/facepalm
#7Duken13Posted 2/26/2013 1:02:36 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Duken13 posted...

Hmm.

If you bothered reading the article in the first post, you would've seen that the guy's name is Brandon Justice, and would've understood the wordplay.

Also, to avoid further confusion, I don't actually care what you believe, it was just wordplay using his name.
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/26/2013 1:07:58 PM
Duken13 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Duken13 posted...

Hmm.

If you bothered reading the article in the first post, you would've seen that the guy's name is Brandon Justice, and would've understood the wordplay.

Also, to avoid further confusion, I don't actually care what you believe, it was just wordplay using his name.

I read it, and know you were being "witty"
But I was curious as to if you actually believe he should be out of a job.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#9hellslavePosted 2/26/2013 1:43:10 PM
Here Duken, you forgot your sunglasses...

...and now...

YYEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.
#10Brianzilla2004Posted 3/2/2013 1:21:07 AM
"I read it, and know you were being "witty""

I call bs.
---
Over 800 high quality Sonic tracks, over 30 complete Sonic albums/playlists
http://www.youtube.com/brianzilla2004