The ****...I die way too fast on normal.

#11pothocketPosted 2/28/2013 10:34:30 AM
I play with randoms and it's always funny watching the Leeroy Jenkins charge to their doom during the second level.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12pothocketPosted 2/28/2013 10:38:59 AM
bhamacuk posted...
I don't know how you're playing it exactly but it isn't that hard. I played on UBA diificulty and there were only a handful of sections that were tricky and they were human enemy based segments.

The trouble is, your squad mate doesn't take down any enemies. they are just there to create the illusion, so its all up to yourself.

Also sloppy ai programming means that all the enemies focus their fire upon you, it's that sort of game. The type of thing we see in lesser quality titles.

Enemy grenade deaths from out of nowhere kills you a lot = cheap deaths.

Instant headshot deaths by enemies = cheap deaths.

other than that it is fairly easy for what's supposed to be the hardest setting.

You can crouch btw. I forgot the button (is it B?), but you can crouch which was something missing in the AvP game.

It's pretty obvious that "ultimate badass" made is not "expert" rather it's a realism game type. I know it's confusing because they put it there after "hard" so I can see why you assume it meant "expert" by after playing you shoulda realized what was going on.

Did you not notice enemies have less health?

As for NPC AI, they get kills just fine but they're programmed not to steal yours. Just because stuff happens without you seeing it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#13johnnycigarPosted 2/28/2013 12:44:23 PM
The only deaths I can complain about in the campaign are the Phantom Grenade deaths I've had a few times.

Can be frustrating. But other than that, crouching and cover works decently. Not perfect, but decent enough to use it to your advantage.
#14some09guy IIPosted 2/28/2013 1:55:27 PM
johnnycigar posted...
The only deaths I can complain about in the campaign are the Phantom Grenade deaths I've had a few times.

Can be frustrating. But other than that, crouching and cover works decently. Not perfect, but decent enough to use it to your advantage.

The enemies are a bit too smart with weapon use. Most games give a delay of a few seconds after the grenade lands. The enemies in this game tend to be smarter, cooking the grenades so they explode almost immediately. That on top of the super accuracy and focus on the player can be annoying.
#15bhamacukPosted 3/2/2013 5:20:14 AM
pothocket posted...
bhamacuk posted...
I don't know how you're playing it exactly but it isn't that hard. I played on UBA diificulty and there were only a handful of sections that were tricky and they were human enemy based segments.

The trouble is, your squad mate doesn't take down any enemies. they are just there to create the illusion, so its all up to yourself.

Also sloppy ai programming means that all the enemies focus their fire upon you, it's that sort of game. The type of thing we see in lesser quality titles.

Enemy grenade deaths from out of nowhere kills you a lot = cheap deaths.

Instant headshot deaths by enemies = cheap deaths.

other than that it is fairly easy for what's supposed to be the hardest setting.

You can crouch btw. I forgot the button (is it B?), but you can crouch which was something missing in the AvP game.

It's pretty obvious that "ultimate badass" made is not "expert" rather it's a realism game type. I know it's confusing because they put it there after "hard" so I can see why you assume it meant "expert" by after playing you shoulda realized what was going on.

Did you not notice enemies have less health?

As for NPC AI, they get kills just fine but they're programmed not to steal yours. Just because stuff happens without you seeing it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Not quite true. There have been plenty of times when the enemy was locked onto me but my squad mate was standing right next to the enemy and wouldnt flintch. Wasn't worth his trouble, which meant I had to do the necessary.

Also the bit in the hanger where you have to access a couple of controls and fend of an enemy wave, you tell me that the squad actually kills anything.

They don't and that's why that section is one of a few odd difficulty spikes in the game because you feel overwhelmed, which is exaccerbated by the CHEAP DEATHS, i.e random headshot or spam granade from nowhere.

I played through that particular section lots and lots of times and not once, not once I tell you, did the squad help to thin the enemy count.
#16Cpl_D_HicksPosted 3/2/2013 6:55:44 AM
This whole bad marine A.I. is a load of crap. I've played on UB mode, & my marines have done plenty of work while I took cover. No, that does not mean they kill everything & you can sit back & jerk off, but I have seen them get kills.
---
http://goodfella2459.dvdaf.com/owned
http://www.redbubble.com/people/goodfella2459
#17DocBacon93Posted 3/2/2013 9:28:25 AM
Yeah I found the game to be waaaay to easy and I ran it on Ultimate Badass as well. Maybe you should stop standing in the line of fire and try not getting close to the Xenomorphs. Also, you get a gun pretty early on, try shooting bad guys with it, it really helps
#18yoyodoj0Posted 3/2/2013 2:59:50 PM
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
A few hits from an alien, tops.

Just started encountering human enemies and, with no way to crouch/take cover, I get mowed down in under a few seconds.

Wtf is this ****?

I suggest playing on co-op, oh and you can crouch. RTFM man
---
GT: Yoyodoj0 (thats a zero on the end)