I want

#21RayconPosted 10/28/2008 10:58:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22RayconPosted 10/28/2008 11:06:26 AM
Damn. Gotta get me that Alien Quadrilogy...
---
"If you tax the lowest income bracket heavily, they'll have no money, they won't be able to buy food, and then they'll die."- MoogleKupo141
#23williamsj881Posted 10/28/2008 2:14:44 PM
I bought it when it first came out and it was well worth the money. I think it is cheap now, making it that much better.
---
If I don't post on Gamefaqs the terrorists have won....
#24williamsj881Posted 11/7/2008 7:35:44 PM
I think this is the only game I am really excited about. I hope it isn't a let down.
---
Treat them like family until you can't.
#25RayconPosted 11/8/2008 12:37:40 AM
I guess I'd be more excited if I had a solid release date to look forward to.

In the meantime, I have Dead Space, Silent Hill, and Resistance 2 that look pretty promising. = )
---
"If you tax the lowest income bracket heavily, they'll have no money, they won't be able to buy food, and then they'll die."- MoogleKupo141
#26ShotgunnerPosted 11/8/2008 5:44:01 PM
I can't wait for this to come out - been waiting for it since the PS2 version was announced and subsequently cancelled...

As for having Hicks survive the opening of Alien 3, think about it - having Hicks AND Ripley survive would have made it less suspensful. After all, Hicks was a Marine - he'd probably have been able to come up with some kind of makeshift gun and what does that accomplish - poof! dead aline, threat over, movie end. Before you say I'm wrong, just remember that the term gun does NOT necessarily mean a bullet shooting gun. It's possible he could come up with some kind of crossbow, or some other kind of object launcher tht could hurt or kill the Alien. And with the stuff used to set the tunnels on fire, he'd probably have been able to make a makeshift flamethrower. And please don't tell me I'm wrong - the crew of the Nostromo, who had no training in weapons making, were able to make a pair of them.
---
PSN name - csanicola / MGO Name - 12_Guage
Games: MK2, Guitar Hero 3, GH Aerosmith, GTA 4 & MGO
#27williamsj881Posted 11/9/2008 11:18:53 AM
It would have changed the dynamic of the movie for sure. Ripley is isolated on an all male prison colony. I would say based on Ripley's past ingenuity she probably could have just made a flame thrower and been done with it, but that wouldn't make for an almost three hour movie (uncut version). I think more than that, it was a nice rap up to the series...or should have been. Everyone died, and ripley killed herself to kill the last of the species that could be easily located.
---
#28_STYXX_Posted 11/28/2008 8:17:31 AM
you know what i would like to see, as far as the game play, is the type of co-op tht Resistance 2 offers: with 8 players agains hords of Aliens.
---
If you can't wait for that game to come out, freeze yourself. Then have a friend wake you when its released.
#29chancevance(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2008 2:47:53 AM
I agree that having Hicks live would have made it less suspenseful but he was such a likeable character I didn't like the idea he was dead.
---
Life is like a box of chocolates
We always want more out of it
#30williamsj881Posted 12/19/2008 3:22:53 PM
I think i would have been ok with a better death scene. It was so anti climatic, he survives everything in that occured in aliens to simply die in the EEV crash...You spend two hours getting know and love a character only to see him killed in the first thirty seconds of the sequel for no real reason. Hudson was totally likeable as well and his death scene was amazing and really added to his character as a whole. Now Newt, I'm glad she's dead. Stupid screaming little brat. The other best example of stupid killings in a movie would be Friday the 13th part 2. They kill the survivor from the first in like two minutes. Why waste the time?
---