reviewers are hypocrits

#1ash892005Posted 2/12/2013 6:33:36 AM
Reviewers done loadsa promo for this game, hyped it up themselves and then said its like a run of the mill fps where your strung along so they gave it 4/10. Yet every call of duty game is a corridor shooter where u are physically led through the game, and they give it 10's. Hypocrites
#2DDR MidianPosted 2/12/2013 6:39:34 AM
I'm not sure you fully understand the definition of hypocrite ... or the inner workings of game design for that matter.
---
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX
#3ash892005(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 6:44:50 AM
DDR Midian posted...
I'm not sure you fully understand the definition of hypocrite ... or the inner workings of game design for that matter.

Yeah I do. If they score a game low for being a corridor shooter, they shouldn't score CoD high when its the most corridor style shooter going. Also people play games for the story also. Example of this star wars the force unleashed 2 was not as good to play as the first, levels were boring etc. But the story was brilliant
#4AndroguntherPosted 2/12/2013 6:48:03 AM
I think it's because CoD games are quite free of glitches and they are polished to the highest degree.

This, my friend, isn't :) It's clear from very beginning that this ain't your triple-A title. That doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. Like banging an ugly chick. It isn't technically best but that doesn't mean it can't get some of you there...
---
I've got an itchy finger and there'll be hell to pay
I'm gonna pull the trigger and blow them all away...
#5ash892005(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 6:52:08 AM
Couldn't agree more, even b-movies are enjoyable so b-games can be too. I'm sure alien was made as a b-movie
#6Rasputin77Posted 2/12/2013 6:54:34 AM(edited)
I'm pretty sure they don't rate ENTIRE games based on whether they're "corridor shooters" or not... that's more like one of the many things they take into account.

Don't get me wrong - IGN sucks balls and they're only good for their guides, IMO - but thinking they hand out rating scores based on one aspect of the game is just really, really naive.

EDIT: I was just using IGN as an example. :)
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#7neil9936Posted 2/12/2013 7:13:59 AM
ash892005 posted...
Couldn't agree more, even b-movies are enjoyable so b-games can be too. I'm sure alien was made as a b-movie

Too large a budget for a b-movie. Alien was a heavily financed 20th Century Fox release.
---
"At a certain point in life, you realize you know more dead people than living."
#8Cpl_D_HicksPosted 2/12/2013 7:14:19 AM
I know, its disgusting. I have played numerous Medal of Honor games, seen masterpieces such as Apocalypse Now, & Full Metal Jacket. I've had my fair share of war based mediums, & I highly doubt these overrated Call of Duty turds have any deep plot lines like the films I've just mentioned, or would be completely different to ANY FPS I've ever played.

I love this game, & while I'm NOT saying its beyond criticism, I find it disgusting how they rip this to shreds for not being different from other games, but have no problems with how much FPS games stole from the film.

Okay, so ripping off is bad? I guess that makes Halo garbage because it is well known that they took things from Cameron's film.

The story in this game was panned. Well, we all know the GTA games have horribly tissue paper thin "plots" ripped off from dozens of gangster films. Nobody has a problem with that now do they? Oh, thats because its Rockstar & these games bring in millions in sales.

I know for a FACT that if this was a new Halo, or CoD, these complaints would NOT be held against it. And how can I trust any so called "expert" critic when its well known that plenty of these sycophantic turds get paid off? I've never heard of film critics like Roger Ebert or Mark Kermode, who are highly regarded, as getting paid off for positive reviews.
---
http://goodfella2459.dvdaf.com/owned
http://www.redbubble.com/people/goodfella2459
#9kanto_wandererPosted 2/12/2013 7:24:47 AM
ash892005 posted...
Reviewers done loadsa promo for this game, hyped it up themselves and then said its like a run of the mill fps where your strung along so they gave it 4/10. Yet every call of duty game is a corridor shooter where u are physically led through the game, and they give it 10's. Hypocrites

The fallacy of your argument is that you seem to believe the only issue that was plaguing this game for it to receive those types of scores was it being a "corridor shooter," and that the only reason that CoD receives praise is for its simple-to-follow linearity. You're wrong on both accounts. I haven't even seen any CoD game receive a ten in its last several iterations, so your point has even less validity on that basis.

What it comes down to is this: No one is telling you to like CoD. No one is saying you don't have to hate those types of games if that's your prerogative. For people who enjoy those experiences however, CoD achieves it with greater polish and refinement than the majority of its competition. If for whatever reason you can't have impartiality towards fairly judging a series because of how popular it is, then just ignore it. I don't get people who do nothing but bash a series of games they don't even play.
#10ash892005(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 1:35:09 PM
kanto_wanderer posted...
ash892005 posted...

The fallacy of your argument is that you seem to believe the only issue that was plaguing this game for it to receive those types of scores was it being a "corridor shooter," and that the only reason that CoD receives praise is for its simple-to-follow linearity. You're wrong on both accounts. I haven't even seen any CoD game receive a ten in its last several iterations, so your point has even less validity on that basis.

What it comes down to is this: No one is telling you to like CoD. No one is saying you don't have to hate those types of games if that's your prerogative. For people who enjoy those experiences however, CoD achieves it with greater polish and refinement than the majority of its competition. If for whatever reason you can't have impartiality towards fairly judging a series because of how popular it is, then just ignore it. I don't get people who do nothing but bash a series of games they don't even play.

Funny enough I like most of the cod games. I was just pointing out that cod leads you through the levels and diesnt even make you think about things like older fps did. Yet they score it high. But when another game comes out that has a similar play through, they score it lower saying its nothing original