I'm starting to hate IGN with a @&#!$ PASSION

#11TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/12/2013 3:59:56 PM(edited)
OK, just to straighten this whole thing out:

Bad games get bad reviews, generally.
Good games get good reviews, generally.
Bad games might get good reviews if a bribe occurs.
Good games will not get bad reviews because a bribe wasn't received.

I think this game is awesome, so I am not saying this game isn't good. I just want to point out the flaw within the whole "bribe conspiracy" here. Some people don't like some games personally. Unfortunately, that can result in an inaccurate, biased rating. I think everything should be rated out of 5 for technical aspects and out of 5 for the more subjective things. That way a boring game that runs great will get no less than a 5, nor will a really fun game that is extremely broken. It helps eliminate the somewhat arbitrary "uh... I'll give it a... 7!" type of thing.

My 2 biggest peeves are the ratings Bethesda's RPGs and the Call of Duty games receive. The Elder Scrolls is a broken garbage heap (technically), and a lot of their games are only good on PC because the fans can patch things themselves. Are they fun? Yeah, but that's not the point. They're a mess. Even if they got a 5 for fun, they deserve a 1 or 2 for quality. Call of Duty is about as mindless as possible. A derivative campaign that works well and runs at 60 frames-per-second would be worthy of a 5 technically, but only a 1 or 2 in terms of the subjective aspects (as there is zero originality whatsoever and all of them are the same). The online gets a bit of leeway because a variety of factors are outside the developers control (server population, user connection issues, etc), and as long as it delivers what is promised, they get OK marks. Both games would be averaging 7/10 scores, and I think most people, even the fanboys and haters, could agree it's at least fair.

Have fun with them or not, they are NOT good games in the traditional sense. I have fun playing Dynasty Warriors, but I'd never say the games were "good." Ultimately, people always have a biased opinion, no matter how hard they try. Judgement is in our nature from the caveman days (should I eat that berry? should I run from that animal? etc). I do also feel that some reviewers will rate something they personally love a bit higher to boost its sales.

---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#12sethharris1191Posted 2/12/2013 4:03:17 PM
Oztralien posted...
The y always pull this crap with non EA or activision games, always giving Sega games bad reviews because they don't pay them bribe money. Here's dead space 3 a rehashed piece of shovelware with NO vs multiplayer with a higher score than colonial marines LOL I bet these reviewers don't even play these games for longer than 5 hours just read sheepish immature posts on gamefaqs and formulate their review from there LOL

LOL @ thinking that having multiplayer makes a game better than one that doesn't.
#13Marine1185Posted 2/12/2013 4:38:30 PM
RE6, D3 were some epic fails with epic hype. This, is another one. EPIC... fail. Sorry, IGN isn't hating man. Not in my opinion. They called it pretty close to home. Wish it wasn't so.
---
"They have no capacity to feel nor act alone, so they live as sell swords. Myrmidons, they're called." -Adaro
#14DesulatedPosted 2/12/2013 4:53:25 PM
I stopped trusting professional reviews after Gamespot's crap with Call of Duty, Serious Sam 3, and Pokemon Black/White.

GS says that Pokemon Black/White is full of recycled content but doesn't make a mention of it with ANY CoD game.

GS says that Serious Sam 3's action feels like cleanup...clearly, the reviewer probably died to a Kleer on level 1 and ragequitted. Any veteran of Serious Sam will know what I mean here. I guess he's someone who only wants to play a game where all you need to do is press X once to kill the final boss.

And let's not go into that event where a reviewer was fired for giving Kane and Lynch 2 a low score.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
League of Legends username: Lati0s
#15neil9936Posted 2/12/2013 6:05:36 PM
Eh? IGN thinks Dead Space 3 is a better game than ACM? Hmmm. Somehow I doubt that conspiracy is at work.

"Facts are stupid things" - Ronald Reagan.
---
"At a certain point in life, you realize you know more dead people than living."
#16William406Posted 2/12/2013 6:23:44 PM
I like it how people on this board are hating on reviewers when they've had the game for a week or so & probably put no less than 15-20 hours into playing the game & at least a couple hours into the review. Yet the majority of people on this board have probably put less than a 10 hour marathon into it. Reviewers played this game at a comfortable pace & had time for the game to marinate and wrote a thoughtful review. Bottom line most people have their blinders on with a game they are too passionate about the license to step back and have an objective opinion about it.
#17AiRo1988Posted 2/14/2013 2:02:33 AM
Personally im not interested in reviews as its my opinion that counts to me and il respect anyone elses opinion too. You either like it or you dont but rather than reading reviews I tend to check out actual gameplay videos to see if its something il enjoy. So far im having a blast and its definatly better than AVP so I just ignore the criticism as its not relevant for me just other peoples opinions which is fair enough. Its not perfect by a long shot but with any game theres always room for improvement.
#18ShotgunnerPosted 2/14/2013 6:53:24 AM(edited)
AiRo1988 posted...
Personally im not interested in reviews as its my opinion that counts to me and il respect anyone elses opinion too. You either like it or you dont but rather than reading reviews I tend to check out actual gameplay videos to see if its something il enjoy. So far im having a blast and its definatly better than AVP so I just ignore the criticism as its not relevant for me just other peoples opinions which is fair enough. Its not perfect by a long shot but with any game theres always room for improvement.

Well said AiRo1988. At the end of the day, our individual opinions are all that matters to each of us. If you like it, hey great. If you hate it, go to Gamestop, trade in your copy and get something else. Nuff said.

Personally, I'm enjoying the game, but it has it's share of flaws.
---
Your precious K/D ratio doesn't mean crap. That and $3 will get you a coffee from Starbucks.
#19robertwarnes91Posted 2/14/2013 9:01:37 AM
Oztralien posted...
always giving Sega games bad reviews because they don't pay them bribe money.

Didn't IGN give Valkyria Chronicle 2 on the PSP a 9/10 rating?
---
I shoot first, drink brandy later.
MY VIDEO REVIEWS: http://www.youtube.com/user/WindyCornerTV