if you want your aliens fix

#1NinjaGamer_23Posted 2/14/2013 4:22:43 AM
There are some other good aliens games.

There is the aliens vs predator game on ps3 released in 2010
you can also go on steam if you own a pc and buy the aliens vs predator classic 2000 for 4.99 and last of all, the ds itself has a good aliens game called aliens infestation.

I know this may look offtopic but just cuz theres one bad aliens game out there does not mean it's the end of the world.

Also, buy the awesome aliens boxset on bluray.
#2Kal_SkirataPosted 2/14/2013 5:07:29 AM
Who are you to tell other people to do because you disliked this game? Are you implying because it is not up to your standards that everyone should seek out alternatives instead?
#3Creeping_DarkPosted 2/14/2013 8:41:58 AM
Kal_Skirata posted...
Who are you to tell other people to do because you disliked this game? Are you implying because it is not up to your standards that everyone should seek out alternatives instead?

He's just offering some suggestions for anyone who was disappointed. I don't know if you've been paying attention to current affairs, pal, but this game is getting its ass kicked. If you liked the game then more power to you, but you're clearly in the minority.
#4robertwarnes91Posted 2/14/2013 8:59:58 AM
I say play Aliens Infestation on the DS, that's by far the best Aliens as of late and far better than all the other games Sega has published with the licence.

The permanent death and lack of checkpoints, created the pefect survival style game play that all future Alien games should aspire to.
---
I shoot first, drink brandy later.
MY VIDEO REVIEWS: http://www.youtube.com/user/WindyCornerTV
#5RayconPosted 2/14/2013 9:30:08 AM
AvP (1999) or AvP2 (never played it, but heard it was better) would probably be my first choice.

I'd also recommend Alien Resurrection (for the PS1) if you're feeling bold. Definitely not a visual marvel, but it really knows how to punish you and make the aliens a challenge. Does a damn good job of keeping you on your toes.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#6schlaufuchsMIKEPosted 2/14/2013 10:27:17 AM
There 's always Alien Trilogy for the PS1, as well. That one kind of made me feel like it was Doom with Aliens instead of demons.
---
"This is America - none of us are supposed to be here." ~ Peter Hornberger, 30Rock
#7RayconPosted 2/14/2013 12:14:26 PM
schlaufuchsMIKE posted...
There 's always Alien Trilogy for the PS1, as well. That one kind of made me feel like it was Doom with Aliens instead of demons.

I think that exactly what it was, actually. >_>

Still fun and pretty lengthy.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#8ExarOsPosted 2/14/2013 12:20:44 PM
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
There are some other good aliens games.

There is the aliens vs predator game on ps3 released in 2010
you can also go on steam if you own a pc and buy the aliens vs predator classic 2000 for 4.99 and last of all, the ds itself has a good aliens game called aliens infestation.

I know this may look offtopic but just cuz theres one bad aliens game out there does not mean it's the end of the world.

Also, buy the awesome aliens boxset on bluray.

AVP2010 is a garbage fatality fest and has no community to play with.

AVP1 (Was it really 2000?) was a fantastic game!

I don't own a DS.

I am enjoying A:CM far more than the above titles. Thanks though!
---
XBOX GT: Exar0s
PS3 PSN: Exar0s