The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Normal Vs Hard Mode?

#1TroyThePowerfulPosted 6/30/2008 9:45:38 PM
Does it make a difference later on?
How much harder is it?
#2megafiercePosted 6/30/2008 9:49:58 PM
Hard Mode killed me in the tutorial battle.
---
Not only does [Smash Bros] promote violence against women - it also promotes violence against animals, and kids.~ Metamorphazone (joke topic)
#3wasabicheesePosted 6/30/2008 9:53:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4BlackDragon13Posted 6/30/2008 9:53:37 PM
I played the game on normal when I got the japanese version a few months ago, and by the time I'd done 150 or so missions, I was overleveled to the point where nothing was even the slightest challenge any more.

This time I started it up on hard mode, and basically the difference seems to be that the game's difficulty is keeping up better this time around. The only actually *hard* battles are the ones that the game hypes up as challenging anyway.
---
Feel the pain - *SLASH* - of those inferior beings - *SLASH* - as you burn in hell. *STAB* -Kratos to Kvar, ToS
#5megafiercePosted 6/30/2008 10:03:24 PM
In all truth, Hard mode can be hard early on, before you get to the... not really advanced, but intermediate classes, as well as the weaponry to support their abilities. It was quite frustrating for me, at first.

Then I actually started getting good mage equipment, and a few abilities for other classes that didn't suck, and it turned out great. I also started using Items more- after FFT and FFTA I just had them pegged as useless. Not so much, here.
---
Not only does [Smash Bros] promote violence against women - it also promotes violence against animals, and kids.~ Metamorphazone (joke topic)
#6RicewarriorZPosted 6/30/2008 10:14:26 PM
Is the Hard mode CPU have good A.I?

You know, they don't hold back on their abilities, and don't stupidly attack a character with strikeback on?
---
Brawl FC : 1160-9502-8260 [West Coast Cali ONRY]
Name: Jahla
#7MajinUltimaPosted 6/30/2008 10:18:59 PM
The Hard mode AI will still do stupid things, but a bit less so imo. The AI is particularly ruthless and effective at hunting down weakened characters.

Otherwise, Hard isn't TOO bad... except for the Pearl mission with the Lord of the Pit there. That boss is so brutal I had to spend a while milking auctions for late-game equipment JUST to clear it at a decently normal level. I'm only still wearing the high-end armor. I switched back to normal weapons to get my normal Ability progressions.

---
I :heart: tomatos?
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2882/cc29ce7.jpg
#8LFbrPosted 6/30/2008 10:25:18 PM
hard mode is basically everything i had wanted out of the first game

it feels like all those overlapped abilities and attacks with slightly different effects mean something now, as opposed to just being different looking ways of crushing everything in sight
---
no
#9RicewarriorZPosted 6/30/2008 10:29:58 PM
That's a shame, personally, I would've thought that this game would be alot more challenging if the AI was smarter instead of being suicidal.

Because I looked at alot of the enemy's abilities while playing, and I thought "Wow, some of them have some Cheap abilities. They could kick my ass if they just spammed the crap out of it, instead of randomly attack people."

oh and btw, Meleeing Mages ftw.
---
Brawl FC : 1160-9502-8260 [West Coast Cali ONRY]
Name: Jahla
#10deathfisaroPosted 6/30/2008 10:30:49 PM
Played over 20 hours in Hard difficulty and nothing really challenging battle-wise.
Teamwork-Aptitude 5th title would be hard on both difficulty anyway. I had to retry until my Tinker pulled off Haste on all allies in the first turn. I examined the urn 4 times before the end of round 1 =D It was so luck-dependent though.
---
Proud (lol) owner of
Blue PSP Phat, Onyx NDSL, PS3 60GB, XBox360 Premium