Catching a Yellow Chocobo

#1candimurrayPosted 8/15/2008 3:59:11 PM
So how do I do it?
#2rdj522Posted 8/15/2008 4:00:36 PM
1) Get your Chocobo Knight.
2) Find a Yellow Chocobo.
3) Beat said Yellow Chocobo into an HP Critical, debuff-free pulp.
4) Move your Chocobo Knight next to the Yellow Chocobo.
5) Mount the Yellow Chocobo.
6) ?????
7) Profit!
---
Arcfire: level 20/20 Firewall - Brawl FC: 5069-3791-2945
Shield EXP: --/-- ~ Thinking of a class name...
#3x_XMr_DeathX_xPosted 8/15/2008 4:03:45 PM
There are rumors that will tell you when the (black, yellow, green...) chocobos will appear, the season and the place where they supposed to be,

But there are other places where you can catch yellow chocobos, you can catch a yellow chocobo in targ wood, when the wolf monster appear on your map, there is one chocobo along with the fairys!

You must have a chocobo knight also, so when you put the chocobo to hp critical you can put your CK next to the weaken chocobo and choose the mount(opportunity command) or something like that =)!
#4clutch188Posted 8/15/2008 5:06:08 PM
bring nobody with the strike back ability....i swear, when i was catching my red it took 3 or 4 tries because they would commit suicide instead of coming with me.......is it something i said???
---
you cant spell "failure" without U R A
number of people that have laughed at my sig-2
#5chetoos849756Posted 8/15/2008 6:15:05 PM
i caught my red the first try, the green took a while. stupid malboros and evil fluffy bunnies. i killed all the other monsters and surrounded it with people who have no reaction abilities, and waited for its berserk to run out. i got it then.
---
realized it was impossible.
look at quote.
#6gamermasterwizPosted 8/19/2008 3:39:00 AM
Hey guys if you catch a Chocobo do you get to keep it in your party after the mission/battle? like let's say my Chocobo Knight mounted on one and then after another mission if I use my Chocobo Knight will he still have the Chocobo? (not related to the Rancher's Request missions by the way)
#7Safer_777Posted 8/19/2008 4:20:01 AM
Yes he will have it,as long as he doesn't ge KO.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#8candimurray(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2008 10:07:11 AM
So things have been going along just fine, but when I have tried to catch the red one about 4 times and I never get the mount prompt. Did I make some kind of change to the Knight to prevent this from happening, or is the red one a little different?