Best party setup

#1ArbeleskPosted 4/30/2010 2:54:33 AM
I don`t know very much about good party setups so if anyone can suggest how i can make mine better it would be appreciated.

this is my party setup.

Luso lv 35 Seer / Parivir (with Magick Frenzy)
Addelle lv 38 Heritor / Fighter
Cid lv 39 Trickster / Gladiator (with Magic Sword and half Mp)
Penelo lv 40 Assasin / Sniper (with ultima smasher and half Mp)
Seeq lv 40 Viking / Ranger (with mirror items)
Viera lv35 Summoner / Red Mage (with doublecast)

I use MP channeling so Cid and Penelo can use Ultima each turn.
#2ShardZeroPosted 4/30/2010 8:26:36 AM
Luso lv 35 Seer / Parivir (with Magick Frenzy)
Addelle lv 38 Heritor / Fighter
Cid lv 39 Trickster / Gladiator (with Magic Sword and half Mp)
Penelo lv 40 Assasin / Sniper (with ultima smasher and half Mp)
Seeq lv 40 Viking / Ranger (with mirror items)
Viera lv35 Summoner / Red Mage (with doublecast)

If you're looking for maximum abuse with >Magick Frenzy, Seer as a main isn't the way to go: Books are not the best for dealing damage. A better way to go is to make Seer the secondary class and get ^Dual Wield (from Ragetsu-denbu:Ninja), then using a class that has one-handed edged weapons for you to get two physical hits in on each enemy you target with >Magick Frenzy. Parivir/Seer works better there, but Paladin/Seer has better weapons and armor. Alternatively, you could use Illusionist/Seer and use two Heretic Rods (or Bomb Arms, if your opponents absorb Dark-elem hits). Illusions hit every enemy character, so using Illusion Frenzy with ^Dual Wield gets three hits on every enemy character.

I'm not quite seeing the value of Heritor/Fighter. It's all right, but I don't know how you use her. Enlighten me?

Cid's good. >Ultima Sword in a Trickster's hands is very good, if kinda monotonous.

There are two very different ways to play an Assassin, depending on whether you wish to be a melee fighter and actually take advantage of the rest of the Assassin skills, or be ranged and primarily spam >Ultima Masher. I'm assuming from the Sniper back-up, you're using Penelo ranged. The thing is that with ^Halve MP and MP Channeling, there's not really a need for the Sniper skills, as powerful as they are, because you can use >Ultima Masher every turn. I'd suggest White Mage as support for >Refresh, which clears statuses that your male teammates can pick up that Orb of Minwu can't handle.

Seeq as Viking? A Seeq's Magick stats are generally pretty atrocious, >Tsunami is unusable half the time, and >Pillage doesn't have that great of a success rate of stealing armor and shields without Sleep or Petrify backup. A far more consistent way of dealing damage is the Ranger's Mirror X-Potions, which might require some Gil investment, but Gil isn't incredibly hard to come across. I'd say skip Viking and put Ranger with a Malbow as the main class. For a secondary, I'd suggest Items if you want to take advantage of Eureka Crystals and Grimoire Stones (also not hard to come by) or Lanista. Oh, and make sure to equip him with a Malbow, that will give him some range to work with.

Red Mage/Summoner is better than Summoner/Red Mage for a few reasons. Windsong Rapier has a Magick bonus, better Attack, and better HP being the main ones.

Also, I'm surprised you don't have a Juggler on your team. You can go without one, but >Smile Toss is quite an advantage coupled with a Juggler's high Speed. (You can also combine that with Moogle Knight's >Ultima Charge to have another excuse to see the blue nuke.)
---
Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate. ~Terry Pratchett
#3heartlesshero17Posted 5/2/2010 11:39:22 AM
I usually take advantage of Vaan's sky pirate class. You should try using him sometime
---
Kaine: "Or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnace! How can someone with such a big, smart brain get hypnotized like a little *****? Huh?"
#4shashimiiPosted 5/3/2010 1:25:27 AM
wow!
this really helped me alot.
thanks shardzero.