Good/Strong Digimon List

#1Protoman_V3Posted 2/12/2008 7:56:57 PM
I'm starting this topic in hopes of getting peoples opinion on what are the greatest digimon in this game and why. It could be because they learn good moves, have good signature moves, or have really good traits. So people, begin the list :P
And i've got a question, is Dorugoramon any good? (the dorumon line)
---
'common sense isn't so common anymore'
#2Protoman_V3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2008 8:00:58 PM
sorry for the double post, but my post ended posting itself before i was finished o_O;;
Anyways, i'm not super pro at this game, so i want this list to be able to help me and other people on the boards to decide on what kind of a team to build/train, and which digimon would make a strong,balanced team.
---
#3demonardvarkPosted 2/12/2008 8:31:45 PM
dorumon line is good stat wise but is horrible tech wise

I would say the agumon line is great ( preferably moving more towards shinegreymon) great stats and better techs

lalamon line is worthless
---
Digimon World DS Dusk Friend Code: 300773677130
#4tourshiroPosted 2/13/2008 9:27:33 AM
i personally love the kapurimon line heading towards hiandromon(pretty good stats and huge attack with some realyl good techs) i am also a fan of the gaomon line(cant remeber the intraining form) and last but not least the imperialdramon line heading towards PM. i personally use hiandromon, alphamon(switching him with imperialdramon PM), and MR gaogamon BM.
---
ff3 freind code=545548791108
DWD FC: 300771496272 names raden
#5Protoman_V3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2008 2:39:41 PM
Oh yah, i was wondering about the Kapurimon line..
Might think about training one, not sure which path i'd go for though
have to double check that
---
#6tourshiroPosted 2/13/2008 3:02:07 PM
you can choose between queenchessmon, hiandromon, or puppetmon. personnally i think hiandromon is the best. he has the highest attack and personally the best techs imo
---
ff3 freind code=545548791108
DWD FC: 300771496272 names raden
#7Protoman_V3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2008 8:15:31 PM
What about puppetmon?
is puppetmon any good?
---
#8Commander_BokkoPosted 2/13/2008 8:37:11 PM
No, sadly, Puppetmon sucks big time. Heroic Heart is almost useless and Retreat and Thrifty 4 are completely useless. His only good trait is Skill Master (assuming you give him a moveset that revolves around status ailments and boosts), but there's much better digimon with that skill, like Apocalymon or MetalEtemon.
---
SHINICHI MAH BOIIII
#9demonardvarkPosted 2/13/2008 10:51:57 PM
yeah i second that puppetmon is horrible, actually all of the "dark masters" aren't good except for machindramon, in the first digimon rpg he was god and in this one he is great too.

how about chronomon does anyone know? I am thinking bout making him now that my shine greymon burst mode is maxed but how is he?

Also someone said they liked the paildramon line and I will also second that imperial paladin is awesome.
---
Digimon World DS Dusk Friend Code: 300773677130
#10Commander_BokkoPosted 2/13/2008 11:39:24 PM
Umm... Machinedramon is even worse than Puppetmon. Puppetmon has only one good trait, but Machindramon has nothing. Heroic Power and Guard? Pointless. On a maxed out digimon, the stats those traits give aren't noticeable. Ether Ring? Garbage. Adds so little extra resistance that it gets lost in the 1100 it has anyway. Plus, who would be stupid enough to attack Machinedramon with metal moves? Sniper 4? Mediocre. It may help a tiny bit against enemies with Evasion Dance, but it's no God's Eye.

And Imperialdramon PM sucks too. God's Eye and Economizer are ok, but that combination alone can't really make a good attacker. And his other two traits are one of the Heroics (all of them are useless except for Move) and a resistance. It's a waste of a perfectly good Omnimon. Even FM is better (though still sucks).

As for Chronomon HM, he's pretty good as a tank. Although maxing him out is a pain, so I prefer Apocalymon, who has almost the same traits but can be degenerated normally, or even Armageddemon, who is also pretty much the same trait-wise but takes slightly less effort to max out.
---
SHINICHI MAH BOIIII