EU Release

#11Super SlashPosted 10/9/2013 2:48:28 PM(edited)
Erpy posted...
I can imagine that the Japanese version and US version can't share clear data, but isn't the EU version simply the US version that's distributed in Europe? (in other words, maybe an extra logo at the start, but otherwise the same code) If so, you might be able to load clear data from the US versions into the EU versions.

They're technically the same game but I doubt it will work, for the simple reason that different versions of games use different folders for their save files, so a US game will likely not be able to read EU files, and vice versa. A conversion might be possible though; people do that with Phantasy Star Portable 2 US files for Infinity.
#12xp1337Posted 10/9/2013 3:58:23 PM
HiTek3 posted...
Wow, didn't realise you'd be able to transfer a save (scratching my head trying to think of any meaningful games where you've been able to do this)..?

.hack (both the IMOQ series and the G.U. trilogy)
Mass Effect
Golden Sun

There are more games where you can transfer a save, but off the top of my head, these are the only ones I can think of that confer serious bonuses/maintain a lot of stuff from the previous game.
---
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?
GotD (219/384) Melee v FFX
#13zinformantPosted 10/9/2013 4:03:17 PM
Golden Sun? Aren't those cart games?
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#14xp1337Posted 10/9/2013 4:14:00 PM
Yeah, they're GBA games.

Which does make the transfer a bit more annoying. You can do it the easy way and link 2 GBAs, one with each, or you can get the clear data save of Golden Sun to spit out a password (of varying length depending on how much you want to transfer) that you input into Golden Sun: The Lost Age to transfer.
---
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?
GotD (219/384) Melee v FFX
#15zinformantPosted 10/9/2013 4:18:13 PM
Aha, a link cable...it's funny how that possibility didn't even cross my mind. Eh, I probably haven't seen a link cable in seven or eight years. That's cool, though, that it has such a system despite associated difficulty.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#16helldewPosted 10/26/2013 12:44:57 PM
Legend of zelda oracle of seasons and ages also had the whole transfer your file/linked file thing.

in golden suns case yeah the password thing worked well enough it did take a while to type in but was so worth it. to bad the third game got rid of that feature and toned the game down from the second :/
---
Opening up a Youtube/Facebook channel check me out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hell-dew/385088068261207
#17VeghEstherPosted 10/27/2013 7:44:54 PM
Well even the Golden Sun 1 passwords for a US version of the game won't work with a European/Japanese version of the games.

Same with all 7 .hack games a cleared US save file can't be used to transfer to the next game if the next game is a Japanese or European copy.

In the case of the golden sun games if you play the first 2 GBA games and are using a DS the link cable option isn't possible and Lost Age will require the password system to transfer the data over.

Soy yes its most likely that that FC US data for this game can't transfer to a import copy of SC at all.
#18kernPosted 10/28/2013 5:29:52 AM
Other save transfer games:
Xenosaga series
Suikoden series
Agarest War series
---
2013 Cincinnati Bengals: 6-2 (Next game: @Miami, 10/31)