Question about cutscenes

#1darkgrave89Posted 10/10/2013 1:28:07 AM
I know that all the cast will be voiced in english in battle but what about during a cutscene?
In the japanese version there were some scenes that were fully voiced, will the english version have it or leave it with just text?
#2randomweirdoPosted 10/10/2013 1:59:41 AM(edited)
SC is pretty much like FC with the amount of voices, there actually aren't any voiced cutscenes even in Japanese. You're probably thinking of later games like Ao and Zero. I know Ao has voiced cutscenes, not so sure about Zero since I've not played any of that one myself.
#3GurudaPosted 10/10/2013 6:01:31 AM
Yeah, the first three games have no voiced cutscenes at all. From Zero onwards, they do but it's usually fairly limited even then; the original releases of Zero and Ao only have some lines in some scenes voiced, the rest is still text-only.
#4zinformantPosted 10/10/2013 5:41:59 PM
I await the day someone comes in here saying these are the best games ever and need a fandub. I'd so want to voice a particular character despite these sorts of things typically being awful.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#5darkgrave89(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 2:57:53 PM
actually i replayed the SC again and there was some cutscenes that were voiced

When Estelle finally met Joshua for the first time and gave a speech to him
#6kernPosted 10/19/2013 5:20:02 PM
I don't remember that being voiced. Someone made a youtube video where they took the drama CD track and played it over the scene, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't voiced in the actual game.
---
2013 Cincinnati Bengals: 4-2 (Next game: @Detroit, 10/20)
#7randomweirdoPosted 10/19/2013 7:58:52 PM
Yeah,. I don't recall that being voiced either.

Unless it's possible that PSP added that, I played PC version.
#8lassics_shadowPosted 10/19/2013 8:38:45 PM
randomweirdo posted...
Yeah,. I don't recall that being voiced either.

Unless it's possible that PSP added that, I played PC version.

I played the PSP version, and I don't remember it being voiced.