Agate is a Childabuser!!!

#1MonkeySeraphPosted 10/10/2013 5:56:08 PM
And I find the way the characters just stand idly by and take his abuse disgusting.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S_68aoBXaw
#2Super SlashPosted 10/10/2013 5:59:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3rucchipunchPosted 10/10/2013 6:05:01 PM
Is this another character "bashing" toke jopic? Count me in!

Dunno if I should spoil Sen...
---
- Official Driselle Sharil of every Tales of boards -
Current obsessions - FE:A, Sen no Kiseki, ToX, ToHR
#4Super SlashPosted 10/10/2013 6:09:27 PM
I thought it was a serious thread at first, but then I noticed a post in that other topic.
#5zinformantPosted 10/10/2013 6:38:57 PM(edited)
zinformant posted...
Let's discuss the portrayal of Tita's parents' parenting. They not only left their daughter with a crazy old man (doesn't matter that he's her grandfather), but they left their attractive, young daughter with a crazy old many who has her working in a FACTORY. What kind of statement are they making about A)white people and B)parents? This negative image could adversely affect the amount of A)white people and B)parents that play the game. And, I mean, it's a big deal because we're talking a couple thousand sales were lost by this travesty.

I have more, but this one particularly is a rather serious issue that is never discussed amidst the huge controversy regarding Estelle and homophobia that everyone talks about. And it's worth noting that the topic's opening issue is a byproduct of this one.
rucchipunch posted...

Please don't.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#6GurudaPosted 10/11/2013 1:03:48 PM
Ahh, how little you understand Agate. Clearly, clearly he is a crusader for child welfare fighting against the horrible system in place in Liberl. He is trying to save the poor girl from horrible exploitation at the hands of her own grandfather and the ZCF... and eventually from her own parents as well. They leave her alone for such long periods and when they finally return, what do they do? Drag her into even more dangerous work at the factory. Who saved her then? Agate! And how did the Russells thank him? By trying to kill him.

Yes, truly Agate is the unsung hero of this trilogy and the Russells are villains on par with the Poms, if not worse.
#7MonkeySeraph(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 2:58:31 PM
rucchipunch posted...
Is this another character "bashing" toke jopic? Count me in!

No this a thread where seemingly harmless world details can presented to unveil the horrifying truth.
If I knew more about them and it wasn't spoilers here I would probably try to present the Cult of D sympathetically as well.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S_68aoBXaw
#8GurudaPosted 10/11/2013 3:58:29 PM
Even within the fairly wide bounds of parody I'm not sure that's possible and certainly not without spoilers. So in lieu of that, allow me to bring up a separate issue that all too many of us have remained silent on, though connected to the initial topic: That is the systematic exploitation of teenagers in this setting. The Bracers and the CSPD both train people under the age of twenty by forcing them to trek through monster-infested sewers. Who knows how many have met horrible fates as a result of this callous training regimen? For all its piety, Erebonia is no better, employing devious pitfalls and dangerous monsters in school-sponsored activities.

Seriously, the protagonists of the Calvard arc should be rookie attorneys taking on cases around Zemuria and helping the many victims of such abuse.
#9randomweirdoPosted 10/12/2013 12:27:22 AM
Guruda posted...
Even within the fairly wide bounds of parody I'm not sure that's possible and certainly not without spoilers. So in lieu of that, allow me to bring up a separate issue that all too many of us have remained silent on, though connected to the initial topic: That is the systematic exploitation of teenagers in this setting. The Bracers and the CSPD both train people under the age of twenty by forcing them to trek through monster-infested sewers. Who knows how many have met horrible fates as a result of this callous training regimen? For all its piety, Erebonia is no better, employing devious pitfalls and dangerous monsters in school-sponsored activities.

Seriously, the protagonists of the Calvard arc should be rookie attorneys taking on cases around Zemuria and helping the many victims of such abuse.

And then Trails becomes even more awesome by combining elements of Ace Attorney in it.
#10GurudaPosted 10/12/2013 8:33:08 AM
To bring it full circle, maybe at some point in the game the team can meet Agate while he's abroad on a Bracer assignment and he can teach them the secret of the almighty OBJECTION! Dive.